The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Bonus

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 7 - Kosmit Interivew + Bonus

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Chez wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:Jeez, I feel like I should have written more, look at the size of everyone else's posts :uhoh:
I know what you mean! ._.
Same xD

But I kinda like those shorter posts as well. Just a quick read and gets straight to the point. Course, everyone would like to know more details. . . Including me, about your thoughts on the panel :P

:up: For Kosmit and Code.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 pm

:awesome: Derp, good read . :up:
Centurione wrote:Again good stuff to read :up:

I really need to start attending Polish cons. So many people I'd like to meet!

Awesome, I've learnt quite much again. I'm looking forward to reading another volume :)
Yea you should if you can, some people cant go anymore :< .
Still better than that MMO.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Sorry, but this failed to be any sort of rebuttal whatsoever. I didn't know there was such a specific question and i'm glad i didn't because it let me write the only thing that actually disagreed with anything the last youtube panel said. People were unhappy because the people were anti-youtube in a community and cultural sense. Most, if not all, of the people in the last panel said that youtube was a better website or at least a useful tool/service. My complaint wasn't about people preferring the Org as a website. I'm glad people see the uses of youtube as a tool, because it is a very very valuable tool and service, but youtube's community and culture was represented in an awful awful light like it is all the time around here, and aside from my piece there was no difference here. Nearly everyone here bashed the youtube community. I guess it should be expected when you're interviewing Org members, and i do understand you tried to get Chiikaboom in on this (which would've been an AMAZING read, in fact i think you should get her for an actual interview and discuss youtube indepth there, the COMMUNITY) but no matter how many generic pro diehard youtubers you could have gotten, the question is what really messed this volume up as far as rebutting anything goes. This was nothing but an add-on to last week.

it was still interesting for what it actually was though, very insightful as to just what youtube does that makes it more popular, and the interview is interesting and well done as always! :up:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:12 pm

gote wrote:....
Yeah, I agree, though I answered the question he mailed for what it was. I think everyone knows by now that youtube is more popular and all that we mentioned is why, but I didn't derive any questions about the community in what he pmed to us, though I think that's ok. Some bigots do still fail to see why people don't come to the org, though in my opinion it's more about the technicalities we mentioned than the community. You opinion on why youtube is a good medium for amvs (as mentioned in volume 6), be it the technical or community part, was probably the correct answer. I wish I replied more like you, as I do believe the community in youtube is a great one, but I took the question quite literally and favored the opinion that youtube is a good medium for amvs because of the technical aspect. I do hope we could get a Chiikaboom interview up in here though.

I enjoyed Kosmit's interview more though. Thought for sure I read somewhere in there that he released several amvs before, and some would get comments others wouldn't. Was going to comment expressing my surprise, but I can't seem to find it o_O Either way, nice interview.
Image Image

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Clearly code needs to work this interview request harder - I didn't think Chii's leaving had anything to do with youtube being a better place... just fallout over drama happening here. Again, just a critique of one place, not a praise of the other.

Or, y'know, he could just drop it because i'm sure we'd all like more to talk about than the same old shit every time.

EDIT: should also point out, it's a big disservice to the person being interviewed to combine the interview with an unrelated topic. How many responses in this thread and the last one were actually about the interview and not comments tacked on as an after-thought?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

well i guess that says a lot about what the people want then, right?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 pm

I'll keep a lot of that in mind for future interviews. I'll continue to learn with each volume, so please bear with me as I go through a learning experience myself as to what works and what does not work. ;)

I think we've worked with enough about YouTube for now, but it's a subject that might be worth revisiting in the future, especially if I manage to snag Chii for an interview in the future (I don't want to push her into doing something she doesn't want to do, but I might try again in April when my interviews run out again).

I think I may also retire the panels for a while. A good concept, but I think it needs refinement. I may try something mildly different for off-weeks in main interviews starting in March/February (we've still got a fanservice panel in February, but I think that will be the last one for a while). I don't know how well this will work out, but I'll certainly try. XD

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone! Good/bad, at least it's sparking some conversation. If anyone has any suggestions for future volumes, but doesn't necessarily want to voice them here, my pm box is always open.

-CodeZTM

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:29 am

Sorry Code, Kind of want to say something about Youtube myself :3

I don't really see why Youtube is being brought down as hard as it is over here. I mean, sure, you have your different type of editors and they do what they want and how they want too but your not always going to find a majority of them being: "OMG I'm so amazing for making this DBZ AMV". Honestly, its just a different website than the org with a majority of the editors with a bit of inflation in their egos, but, really, its just AMVs and they can make it however they want.

Personally, I like youtube because its more convenient for myself and, not to mention, its where I found probably one of the best AMV editors I've ever seen (Sorry guys, but if his videos make me want to watch them over and over again, then, yeah, he's amazing xD). Overall, yes, they have a different mindset than the org editors have and they do have a different style. . . But that's kinda what art is about. :P Doesn't have to be perfect, it can be like what everyone else makes and its not going to make millions of dollars or make a person want to go "ZOMG, so amazing *_*", but its their own interpretation of art, or AMVs more specifically. It doesn't have to be perfect and they can do it for what we consider all the wrong reasons, but its what they want to do. If they really want to do more, then they'll probably come here, join a studio or they might just find their own path in making AMVs. The org doesn't guarantee a person will get better at making AMVs, or, more to the point, the org doesn't guarantee a person will learn how to make AMVs the way the editor envisions it. In reality, that's for the editor to find and decide on their own and we have to respect the choices any AMV editor makes, whether they choose to stay on youtube, come here or just not make AMVs at all. Again, I do see some amazing editors on youtube and, the really amazing ones, tend to hate the org. xD Which is fine because its their own way of editing and their own path to editing.

Anyway, I'm done ranting off-topic. xD What makes youtube better than the org, imo, is the fact that youtube makes a viewer want to explore all the other videos out there and not just the one that you were searching for. Whereas here, we only look for editors whom we believe to be good so we wish to watch only their videos and ignore many of the other videos. :P I think a new feature may need to be implemented that might allow videos posted by other users to be a bit more viewer friendly. But, again, my two cents. :|

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

CodeZTM wrote: I think I may also retire the panels for a while. A good concept, but I think it needs refinement. I may try something mildly different for off-weeks in main interviews starting in March/February (we've still got a fanservice panel in February, but I think that will be the last one for a while). I don't know how well this will work out, but I'll certainly try. XD
NO! DO NOT RETIRE THE PANELS! well do whatever you want I guess but personally, i enjoy the panels a lot more than the interviews. They spark a lot more debate and they're just generally more interesting. The comments on interviews are usually "oh cool, good read, didn't know you lived there editor." but with panels there's discussion and life and opinions being shared and communication. I mean, look at all the volumes that have both in them, like bashar said, comments about the interview are usually an afterthought so instead of taking bashar's comment and stopping the panels just stop the INTERVIEWS!

just kidding, but maybe you could run a panel and an interview in their own thread each week? If you're scrambling for ideas, maybe post a thread for open suggestion on questions and then just send a question of your choice out to a few editors and paste the responses here. That could be good too because if a lot of people suggest similar stuff then you know it's what the people want. Not saying you should just let everyone else run this, but you seem to be asking people to pm you a lot and idk how many people have been pming you but i'm sure a lot more people would be willing to post in a topic than pm.

I didn't mean to discourage you with my reply, It just kinda irked me, but I understand people make mistakes and everything and you're learning and all that jazz, and i was in NO WAY asking for another youtube panel (lol) I just wanted to say something. There really seems to be a lot of potential in these lip flapper things, and these panels are 70% of that so i'd hate for you not to see all the evidence for that and make the wrong decision from it, but in the end it's your choice obviously so yeah.

maybe it's just me though.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 am

On the subject of "the Org hating Youtube", some of you guys should've been here when you couldn't even say "youtube", it was filtered out and replaced with different words. Might give you some perspective as far as what direction "the Org hating Youtube" is actually going. It's essentially gone from "That awful site where people keep uploading my videos!" to "That other site where I upload my videos." and, for many, "My primary site for uploading my videos." I can maybe count on one hand the amount of editors who spout off any sort of Org > Youtube things these days. Well, aside from copyright issues, but it's not like the Org doesn't have those either (Wind-up Records :uhoh: ).
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General AMV”