Ano Natsu de Matteru

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:35 pm

ANN wrote:While testing his new 8mm camera at night, Kaito Kirishima is caught amid a mysterious explosion in his small town. Strangely, Kaito wakes up the next day perfectly fine, but with no recollection of what exactly happened the day before. Unfazed by what seems to have been just a dream, he heads to school not giving much thought to the incident. Discussing with his friends about the camera, they decide to make a movie during summer break. They invite two upperclass students to participate in the project: recently arrived Ichika Takatsuki and the odd Remon Yamano. In a strange twist of fate, Ichika starts living with Kaito as his sister has to work overseas. Summer days are about to get exciting for the small film crew.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Re: Ano Natsu de Matteru

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 am

Ep two...

"Saiyuu sen Jikou de!"

"We can't use that line here"...

OH yeah...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 pm

watching just for fun but one thing does annoy me:
Spoiler :
*Weird creature pops outta nowhere*
yo whatz dat looks like some kind of a monster

ohh that just my pet from where I come from (apparently she's from japan as well but different region if I remember correctly)

oh I see.... :shock:

It's freaking cute!!! :awesome:

ImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 am

Why is this show
Spoiler :
An almost exact copy of Onegai Teacher :awesome: Not that I'm complaining, I am finding it to be very nostalgic. I love the fact that they're making a film, as this is a personal interest of mine. Following for now. :bear:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 am

ZephyrStar wrote:Why is this show
Spoiler :
An almost exact copy of Onegai Teacher :awesome:
Script/Screenplay by Kuroda Yousuke and Original Character Design by Uon Taraku. They had been advertising it as the next work by the onegai series duo for a while before it started airing, it's not called "Onegai Senpai" by some fans just for nothing. :nose:

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:12 am

WHY DIDNT YOU MENTION THAT EARLIER?!?! *Goes to catch up on episodes*

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 am

Aye. Now I kinda want to go back and watch Onegai Teacher again.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

wow, onegai sensei was one of the first rom-com anime series I watched (mostly dbz and yu-yu-hakusho and other similar series before that). If this is made by the same creators i'm gonna watch it for nostalgia's sake at least (hopefully that won't be the only reason)
Spoiler :
update: ok, watching ep 3, loving how everyone is having their own fantasies of what is going on heh, and yes this is definitely in the mold of the onegai series, they even brought back the voice actress from the first two series as the loli-sempai
"let's go, snake" :rofl:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

guy07 wrote:WHY DIDNT YOU MENTION THAT EARLIER?!?! *Goes to catch up on episodes*
I thought it was a well known fact so it didn't cross my mind that somebody might not know about it until I read ZS's post... :uhoh:

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 am

You'd think so, Mirko, but I'm terrible at being a nerd. This is pretty much the only site I visit that's anime related. >_<;

Loving this series. They kept all the great things from the Onegai series and added some new stuff. Would totally recommend this to people who loved the earlier ones. It's got that late 90's romantic comedy feel that I loved. Even the character designs/personalities are really similar to the original lol.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”