DarkBox

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
alien762
Org Profile

DarkBox

Post by alien762 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 am

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: DarkBox

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm

That was pretty enjoyable. You had some good technique in a lot of areas, but I think some of the blur/smear transitions would have been more effective as something simpler like soft crossfades or even hard cuts. Not all of them, but some of them felt like they broke the flow of motion that was going on and had a jarring impact overall.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:That was pretty enjoyable. You had some good technique in a lot of areas, but I think some of the blur/smear transitions would have been more effective as something simpler like soft crossfades or even hard cuts. Not all of them, but some of them felt like they broke the flow of motion that was going on and had a jarring impact overall.
x2

Too me, it felt like the effects were being over-used in some areas and concentration on the concept was kind of lost. But, again, good technique, as always Alien. :D

Also, ending song, is that the Gazettes?? xD

alien762
Org Profile

Post by alien762 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 am

Thank you for the comments :D

In part, this amv, represent a small experiment to use some effects that i never used. I will take in mind the corrections for the next work :wink: .

Ending song isn't played by Gazette (if you intend the band). it is played by Nightmare (jpop of course).

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:That was pretty enjoyable. You had some good technique in a lot of areas, but I think some of the blur/smear transitions would have been more effective as something simpler like soft crossfades or even hard cuts. Not all of them, but some of them felt like they broke the flow of motion that was going on and had a jarring impact overall.
x3

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

It was enjoyable indeed. I didn't really mind the fade transitions. I just wished you used them more consistently, as in, similar fades more repetitively. Now some of them seemed a little random and misplaced.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:01 am

I think that you did a really good job at editing this. I'm just a little sad that I wasn't able to follow the plot at all. And since I haven't seen anything fro this anime source, I really had nothing to go on. But like I said before, your editing was really on point though.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”