Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm

So I got the DVDFab Bluray ripper the other day and was ripping my witchblade blurays. And I ripped it mp4.acc and then i took it over into compressor and converted it quicktime prores and this is what i got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzxKjF3Laik

You see it more at 10 seconds. There one small part at 6 seconds but its all really at the end. Anyone got any ideas for me?
sportsgirl1391

Re: Dvd Fab bluray ripper glitches =/

Postby Mister Hatt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 am

>Witchblade
>BD

Found your problem. Prores probably doesn't help either given most of the tools that are precompiled in OSX are ridiculously out of date, and thus lack support. It only got added to lavc a few months ago.
Mister Hatt

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:>Witchblade
>BD

Found your problem. Prores probably doesn't help either given most of the tools that are precompiled in OSX are ridiculously out of date, and thus lack support. It only got added to lavc a few months ago.

it also doesnt help my computer has 4gb of ram. lol. but i was told thats mainly it is the ram what you guys think?
sportsgirl1391

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

sportsgirl1391 wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:>Witchblade
>BD

it also doesnt help my computer has 4gb of ram. lol. but i was told thats mainly it is the ram what you guys think?

A lack of RAM would only make the process slower to finish, it wouldn't screw up data.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Mister Hatt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 am

It will if you try to allocate too much, or request memory that you don't have access to. That said, prores is still a bad choice hey. Less than 4GB for video processing is also kinda stupid. I put this one on user error.
Mister Hatt

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Then what would you guys recommend im about to update my ram its on its way in the mail. But anyway When I rip the blurays and try to play it on quicktime it is also glithcy except when I play it on VLC. So I mean its already glitchy to begin with.
sportsgirl1391

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Quicktime is an AWFUL player. It has many bugs and limitations. VLC isn't too much better either. You should be using Mplayer OSX Extended instead, possibly with mplayer2 support.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:57 pm

mirkosp wrote:Quicktime is an AWFUL player. It has many bugs and limitations. VLC isn't too much better either. You should be using Mplayer OSX Extended instead, possibly with mplayer2 support.

Even in that player it still has those glitches must have ripped it weird or something O_o
sportsgirl1391

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Then that could very well be the case yes. If all three are showing the same issues, then it's likely it's the source's fault (assuming you are using mplayer osx extended WITH mplayer2 support).
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:00 am

I only have the trial version of DVDFAb bluray ripper but I dont think that is the problem. So Now its just a matter of trial and error anyone got any ideas?
sportsgirl1391

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 am

Well, for starters, can you see that glitch when you normally play the BD in your BD player? If so, then it's a problem on the disc itself, so you might want to ask for a refund or a good copy in exchange for the bugged copy. If everything is fine, then something went wrong when you ripped it/your players have issue.
Also, I assumed you were on OSX since you said you were using quicktime, but if you're on windows, you should use CCCP for playback.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 pm

mirkosp wrote:Well, for starters, can you see that glitch when you normally play the BD in your BD player? If so, then it's a problem on the disc itself, so you might want to ask for a refund or a good copy in exchange for the bugged copy. If everything is fine, then something went wrong when you ripped it/your players have issue.
Also, I assumed you were on OSX since you said you were using quicktime, but if you're on windows, you should use CCCP for playback.

I have a mac but I also have bootcamp on them so I can try anything. lol
sportsgirl1391

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Just found out DvdFab Bluray ripper the latest version gives you glitches. I was freaking out on what was going on. It was the program. Anyone got any other ideas? I use mac. So It would be cool to just get a ripper for mac.
sportsgirl1391

Postby Mister Hatt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:44 am

There is no bluray support in Mac as Apple don't allow it effectively. I'm working on something but it's a while off. I doubt DVD Fab was causing issues unless you were using it wrong as it shouldn't be doing any decoding. Maybe explain your process in it and we can see where you came up wrong.
Mister Hatt

Postby sportsgirl1391 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:There is no bluray support in Mac as Apple don't allow it effectively. I'm working on something but it's a while off. I doubt DVD Fab was causing issues unless you were using it wrong as it shouldn't be doing any decoding. Maybe explain your process in it and we can see where you came up wrong.

Alright so I opened up DVDfab go to bluray ripper Select the episode i want to rip and rip it mp4.h264.aac.

But The whole episode is not glitchy only some parts. (and btw upgraded my ram)
sportsgirl1391

Next

Return to Footage Help