Aquarion Evol

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Aquarion Evol

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:33 pm

AniDB wrote:Twelve thousand years ago, after the fierce battles with Aquarions that became legendary... People are living in fear from the abduction of Abductors who descend from another dimension.
Aquarea, the joined weapon opposes to this. Dating and unification between guys and girls are prohibited even with that crafts as well as the elements candidates from the school.
However the fateful encounter between the lonely guy Amata and a girl Mikono changes everything. Now love prohibited, new Unification Legend is ready to activate!
Feel free to discuss about the first series as well in here. :)

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Aquarion Evol

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:42 pm

I haven't seen the first series and this series is starting off pretty awesome. The only thing I have to say is that this is going to be some amazing AMV footage for sure :P

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Didn't care for the first episodes, got a lot more interesting for episode three. Though the
Spoiler :
bowing down thing was a little cheesy

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:55 am

I'm actually liking this show. It's kind of cheesy but it's been a while since I've seen a show with the good old fashioned mecha transformation and combining thing (last one I remember is the macross frontier. Add in excellent animation and good musical score and that makes this show a keeper for me, gonna keep watching.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 am

I don't get the ring thing at all D:
Spoiler :
And that guy better not have messed up Mikano's feelings D'=.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:I don't get the ring thing at all D:
Spoiler :
And that guy better not have messed up Mikano's feelings D'=.
Spoiler :
the electrocuting rings? They are there to shock them just before their feelings turn into love, or a similar intense feeling, when their heart rate/blood pressure etc goes over a certain level then it knocks them out, something the hulk could have probably found useful. I'm still watching this series but with so much wierdness going on it's a little hard to get hyped over it.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:34 am

Am I the only one who is still following this despite all it's cheesiness? If not, am I the only one who'd rather see Amata with Zessica and Mikono with Kagura?
ImageImage

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:41 am

ibabrak wrote:Am I the only one who is still following this despite all it's cheesiness? If not, am I the only one who'd rather see Amata with Zessica and Mikono with Kagura?
You definitely aren't either one. Besides, if you can't have cheese in a mecha show, what do you really have anyway? :P

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 am

uncreative wrote:
ibabrak wrote:Am I the only one who is still following this despite all it's cheesiness? If not, am I the only one who'd rather see Amata with Zessica and Mikono with Kagura?
You definitely aren't either one. Besides, if you can't have cheese in a mecha show, what do you really have anyway? :P
:dino: Ham? :)
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 pm

I dropped this series around ep 10 or so, don't mind the cheesiness so much as the fact that there is so little actual mecha action and too much crappy romance. and the action that there is has too much talking and is mostly about people getting in sync with each other. The ep where they were ripping their clothes off to release their feelings of something was sort of the final nail in the coffin. Gonna wait till it's about done and then skim through the eps to catch up with the story (if there is one) and check out the action scenes.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”