Front Page News

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Front Page News

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 am

I just wanted to state this for the record:

The disclaimer was originally my idea to put into the thread because I did not check with the administration before starting The Lip Flapper, and they don't look over what questions I ask or what content is shared. So basically, they had no idea I was doing it until way after the first episode had been posted. Going back to Moonlight's example, it would be like a visiting writer to a newspaper publishing a story without the editors actually reading it.

So it's ok that they keep the disclaimer in my mind. If there is a way that I can improve the interviews that makes the administration comfortable with supporting it directly, then I would be more than happy to do so. Until then, the news announcement was more than enough support on their part, and it made me immensely happy. :)

My pm box is always open for discussion about The Lip Flapper!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 pm

It gives the impression that it should be a LOT more risque and outright confrontational. You don't include that much legalese unless you expect it to be very objectionable - like going on racist tirades or constantly talking politics / religion.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:
We are simply reaffirming what CodeZTM said -- that he is not an official representative of the Org management and the viewpoints reflected in the Lip Flapper don't reflect or represent the opinion of the Org management as a whole. We really do encourage articles, contests, OP-EDs, reviews, etc., but it's our responsibility to follow common practices (like disclaimers) when referencing anything that we do not directly endorse or support.

Basically, don't get hung up by all the legalese, and just enjoy the articles. :P

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I do think that it's weird, given all the ways in which you guys need to cover your asses legally in regards to this site, that you would pick a long disclaimer for a fan interview. I think if you're ever sued, it's not going to be over something like that. I can understand Code having the disclaimer in his threads, so there is no confusion as to the origin of the interviews, but having it on the front page IS rather off-putting. Also, Kariudo, I'm sure none of this was meant as personal attack, so unprofessional conduct only hurts your ability to deal with feedback.
:ying:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

GloryQuestor wrote: We really do encourage articles, contests, OP-EDs, reviews, etc., but it's our responsibility to follow common practices (like disclaimers) when referencing anything that we do not directly endorse or support.
Not to try and cause drama or anything but for a site that is more or less run by the community (you all were regular members of the community yourselves at some point) why doesn't the org endorse or support community driven events or discussions like The Lip Flapper?

Obviously there are certain things when it comes to the site's rules and objectives that I believe should be taken into consideration but IMO I don't really see why The Lip Flapper itself shouldn't have the full support of the org behind it. If there's a specific reason why you guys don't want to support it, then i think it would be good to let us know so we can work towards doing things that will prevent things like adding disclaimers and such.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

^All that being said, you don't need a disclaimer to state the Code and his interviewees don't speak for the .org admin.

All you need is; The Lip Flapper is an independently produced ____ (insert noun you'd prefer here) by CodeTZM, who interviews a-m-v.org members about _____(something shiny and eyecatchy here).

Code if you ever got into the position where you felt something became really contentious, or an interviewee was trying to speak for the org. admin I could offer you some advice on how to handle that/what to do about it. And you roll with it as it happens.

I hope Code and admin-types you're not reading that as ARG LIP FLAPPER/CONTROVERSY. It's just the opposite, it's make the Lip Flapper, which is neat and fun, more enticing to people who only stumble upon it from the front page. Because the massive disclaimer on it right now comes off as READ AT YOUR OWN RISK RAWR, which isn't doing it any favours.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:02 am

It would probably be great to post ngsilver's livestream as well? I know he is doing a lot more shows just for the VCA's but if he does this regularly and on a weekly basis it might be nice to be notified about it whether its org related or not.

You could even post twitter and facebook feeds about when it could (unless ngsilver has exact times) be coming up.

Would also bring more viewers to his stream, and invert some social media between AMV makers and AMV viewers.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

Well the plan for the future after VCAs is over is to begin doing weekly streams once again. These streams will be highlighting the videos announced over the previous week here on the org and any that I find (or am shown) on youtube. I will be posting more information on them in the general AMV forum once VCAs are over and I can setup the viewing schedule. Oh, and the TWIAMVs podcast should be starting back up on the bi-weekly schedule as well.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”