Another

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Another

Postby mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:36 pm

AniDB wrote:26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honours student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: Another

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Episode 1 was both interesting and confusing. I'll probably stick with it, though; they seemed to achieve the creepy vibes quite well in episode 1.
EkaCoralian

Postby slimed » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:03 am

i watched episode 1 and it was good, there's some solid suspense and it provided enough for me to be drawn in to the story. i'll be keeping up with this. i'm not a fan of misaki's character design and at times it tries a little too hard to be creepy but that's not a really big deal.
slimed
Kardashian

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 pm

YES! I read some of the manga cause I couldn't wait :/
I can never wait when I really like something o-o.
But enjoyed fully and super creepy, really like Mei's character a lot.
Chained(E)Studio

Postby kireblue » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 pm

After only 2 episodes, I absolutely love this show. The plot so far is really interesting, and the pace that its moving at is perfect. Watching it in 1080p on crunchyroll is also a bonus. Now that Sentai picked it up, I can't wait for the blu-ray.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby [madaraxD] » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 am

i love it (Y) maybe is going to be my favorite of this season
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Postby ibabrak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 am

[madaraxD] wrote:i love it (Y) maybe is going to be my favorite of this season

yeah so do I. I just hope they don't fuck it up :)
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 am

Interested so far. Love some of the imagery! :O
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby AimoAio » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:25 pm

The soundtrack is brilliant. :up: Seriously, I felt goosebumps at parts. Exactly the same like when I'm watching a horror movie. (only less frightening XD)
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby kireblue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I can't get over how awesome this show is. After episode 3, I'm convinced that this is gonna be the best show of the season.

Spoiler :
I can't believe how that girl died. I kinda feel weird saying this about a character that I actually started to like a little, but her death was fantastic.
kireblue

Postby Darklydone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:32 pm

AimoAio wrote:The soundtrack is brilliant. :up: Seriously, I felt goosebumps at parts. Exactly the same like when I'm watching a horror movie. (only less frightening XD)

Yes, The soundtrack is totally what's driving this show, at sometimes it seems almost kind of ridiculous tho xD
The one legged space chicken is after me again.
Darklydone

Postby slimed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 am

it had potential, the first episode was good and laid out a nice plot which is the only the i like at this point. the characters are boring, it's moving relatively slow and most of the "horror"-values are cliché. unless it suddenly picks up in episode 4 i'll probably drop it.
slimed
Kardashian

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Eeeeeeh, yeah the horror cliches are a bit forced. DOLLS ARE SPOOKY LOL.

Spoiler :
Though I did really like the part where she stated the dolls were empty, only vessels, lifeless and soulless, and then she's like "you'd think they would try and seek that out" ...Umbrella to the throat...lol h4x.

Needless to say, still watching. If nothing else this is a lesson for me about how [not maybe] to do horror :p
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby ibabrak » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 pm

continues being awesome for me...
Spoiler :
the only thing that got me like "dafuq!?' was the moment when he was like "Wait what? they can't see you?!"
Also I'm worndering about hte thing Misaki said that she's actually cousin of the Misaki that died that day... or did I just misunderstand? I thought for sure that she was the one that died that day
The end of episode 3 was kind of weird... I hope they'll explain why that girl (what's her name) run outta the classroom. That's one thing to explain. And the other thing is that it really did appear as if she could see Misaki. Well, I guess it will be explained in the next episode. :)

The fact that I'm writing all that stuff isn't because I don't like it... it's more like I'm wondering since I do :D
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby kireblue » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm

ibabrak wrote:continues being awesome for me...
Spoiler :
the only thing that got me like "dafuq!?' was the moment when he was like "Wait what? they can't see you?!"
Also I'm worndering about hte thing Misaki said that she's actually cousin of the Misaki that died that day... or did I just misunderstand? I thought for sure that she was the one that died that day
The end of episode 3 was kind of weird... I hope they'll explain why that girl (what's her name) run outta the classroom. That's one thing to explain. And the other thing is that it really did appear as if she could see Misaki. Well, I guess it will be explained in the next episode. :)

The fact that I'm writing all that stuff isn't because I don't like it... it's more like I'm wondering since I do :D

Spoiler :
the funny thing is that it makes no sense for everyone to be unable to see her, but I totally suspected it. I can't wait for them to explain everything. (maybe they can't see her, but they can feel her presence or something).
kireblue

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion