Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 pm

AniDB wrote:The story explains the day-to-day of a college freshman just starting a new life in the School of Literature Department of Tama University. While he grew up with his sister, he left and lived by himself when she got married with a man who had two daughters from previous marriages. He tried to distance himself from that family and so he moved out to live on his own. About 3 years later he was asked by his sister to visit and babysit the girls which suddenly turned his life upside down when the girls' parents went missing. He now has to live with the three daughters of his sister; with which two (from a previous marriage) are not related by blood: a tsundere Takanashi Sora (14 years), a little demon Takanashi Miu (10 years) and a small girl Takanashi Hina (3 years). In a six tatami mat size room.

guy07
Org Profile

Re: Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Post by guy07 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:56 pm

This could be pretty funny as long as they don't make me feel like a pedophile for watching it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 pm

I thought this was gonna be a Kodomo no Jikan MKII type thing with loli-fanservice and stuff, the end of ep two makes it seem like it's going to be quite a bit more serious, which I am very happy about. Was a well done emotional scene, especially for only being 2 eps in, I think this could be a good series, providing they don't goof it later. I'm glad I tend to watch 2-3 eps of each series before deciding to keep watching or drop

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Jasta85 wrote:I thought this was gonna be a Kodomo no Jikan MKII type thing with loli-fanservice and stuff, the end of ep two makes it seem like it's going to be quite a bit more serious, which I am very happy about. Was a well done emotional scene, especially for only being 2 eps in, I think this could be a good series, providing they don't goof it later. I'm glad I tend to watch 2-3 eps of each series before deciding to keep watching or drop
Spoiler :
yeah, I read the description of the show before I started watching, so I kept fearing the worst for the parents. I really thought that they were gonna show the plane bursting into flames or something.
Anyway, I'm probably gonna watch this till the end. It seems like its gonna have a few elements of kodomo no Jikan in it, but also have the seriousness of Usagi Drop. I can live with that as long as he doesn't get any feelings for one of his nieces.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 am

kireblue wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:I thought this was gonna be a Kodomo no Jikan MKII type thing with loli-fanservice and stuff, the end of ep two makes it seem like it's going to be quite a bit more serious, which I am very happy about. Was a well done emotional scene, especially for only being 2 eps in, I think this could be a good series, providing they don't goof it later. I'm glad I tend to watch 2-3 eps of each series before deciding to keep watching or drop
Spoiler :
yeah, I read the description of the show before I started watching, so I kept fearing the worst for the parents. I really thought that they were gonna show the plane bursting into flames or something.
Anyway, I'm probably gonna watch this till the end. It seems like its gonna have a few elements of kodomo no Jikan in it, but also have the seriousness of Usagi Drop. I can live with that as long as he doesn't get any feelings for one of his nieces.
Spoiler :
well, technically only the youngest one is his genetic niece, and the oldest one already has feelings for him, I doubt there won't be some kind of romance that pops up between them.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 am

This shows wonderful. I just hope that
guy07 wrote:they don't make me feel like a pedophile for watching it.
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 am

so it has a little fanservice here and there but show definitely doesn't revolved around it. Nice that it's realistic about the issues that someone would face if they were put this this kind of situation (I'm single and live in an apartment so I can appreciate what he's going through).

I wish the characters reflected their ages a little better though (in looks). The older two girls are what, 10 and 12 or something? and he's in collage, yet they look almost the same age.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm kind of on the fence int his case. On one hand, too much fanservice and pseudo-incest relations potential. On the other hand, interesting premise, which may evolve into something really interesting. Will watch for now.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 pm

After episode 4, I'm still very satisfied with the direction that this series is going. Every episode so far seems to suggest that they're going to keep the relationship between the guy and the oldest sibling at just the "first-crush" level. There's probably gonna be few episodes where her feelings grow a bit, but I think that its gonna stay within the safe zone and not go the Kodomo no jikan or Usagi Drop manga route.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 am

kireblue wrote:After episode 4, I'm still very satisfied with the direction that this series is going. Every episode so far seems to suggest that they're going to keep the relationship between the guy and the oldest sibling at just the "first-crush" level. There's probably gonna be few episodes where her feelings grow a bit, but I think that its gonna stay within the safe zone and not go the Kodomo no jikan or Usagi Drop manga route.

I agree with your assessment of kodomo no jikan but Usagi drop is probably the series closest to real life that I can think of that deals with an adult and child falling in love. Plus it had pretty much zero ecchiness throughout the whole series which is pretty amazing considering the topic, and the pair developed their feelings over a long period of time rather than just getting turned on after a panty flash or something. I love Usagi Drop, just recently finished it.

this series is good but considering that fanservice has already been tossed around any emotional impact is definitely gonna be lessened.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”