Front Page News

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Front Page News

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Add the lip flapper interviews/editorials to the front page. They're good reads and helps to make us feel more connected as a community.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Front Page News

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 pm

I'd certainly love to have it on the front-page, especially for newcomers to the site that might not be as active on the forums. One of the goals behind these interviews is to close the gap between editors, and bring the community more close together by learning more about each other and finding common connections. Especially via the new group discussions that will be released around week from tomorrow.

And thanks everyone for all the support. :)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 pm

I like that the admins added it to the front page, but I dislike the fact that the disclaimer about the Lip Flapper is longer than the description about it. It makes it seem like the org is REALLY trying to distance itself from it.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:45 am

Ileia wrote:I like that the admins added it to the front page, but I dislike the fact that the disclaimer about the Lip Flapper is longer than the description about it. It makes it seem like the org is REALLY trying to distance itself from it.
We are simply reaffirming what CodeZTM said -- that he is not an official representative of the Org management and the viewpoints reflected in the Lip Flapper don't reflect or represent the opinion of the Org management as a whole. We really do encourage articles, contests, OP-EDs, reviews, etc., but it's our responsibility to follow common practices (like disclaimers) when referencing anything that we do not directly endorse or support.

Basically, don't get hung up by all the legalese, and just enjoy the articles. :P
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 am

I already enjoy the articles, what I don't like or understand is why you don't endorse or support the Lip Flapper. Why is a disclaimer necessary? Other than Code not being "management" I can't think of a single reason why the Org wouldn't want to be affiliated with something that is helping revive this dying community.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

...ouch.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:17 am

Ileia wrote:I already enjoy the articles, what I don't like or understand is why you don't endorse or support the Lip Flapper. Why is a disclaimer necessary? Other than Code not being "management" I can't think of a single reason why the Org wouldn't want to be affiliated with something that is helping revive this dying community.
Ileia, I can't help but feel that you're spinning this a bit.
The disclaimer was put in the announcement because it's in the thread, simple as that.

Does it need to be in both places? Probably not.
I'll get a discussion going on how to handle this in the future, and then we'll bring Code in on the discussion.
Happy now?

Also...
gote wrote:...ouch.
not helping dude.

/dramatimeovernaoplzkthx

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 am

GloryQuestor wrote: it's our responsibility to follow common practices (like disclaimers) when referencing anything that we do not directly endorse or support.
Accuse me of spinning things all you want, even if you were only copy-pasting what Code said, the site admin just confirmed there that you didn't directly endorse or support it. I'm asking why that is. I'm asking seriously. "Legalese" it for me.

Additionally,
Kariudo wrote:Happy now?
This sort of response?
Kariudo wrote:not helping dude.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:22 am

ooph!

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:14 am

*scratches head*

As someone who works in the media a disclaimer is unnecessary.
That'd be like writing a disclaimer on every story any paper has ever published, could you imagine how daft it would be to cover a court case and then say; BUT WE THE PUBLICATION DO NOT SUPPORT THE ACTIONS OF THE ACCUSED. Well duh.

Food for thought guys :P

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”