The AMV Announcement Thread

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Re: The AMV Announcement Thread

Post by NS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah, I personally don't keep up with the announcement forum like I used to, but pretty much every once in a while I just go in and watch random vids and leave comments, especially if the thread isn't getting any attention or if the video is from somebody who is rather new.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Just dropping by to say that I agree topics should be sorted by topic created, and not be bumped by date of last post.
HOWEVER.

I would like to offer an alternative (though I don't know how much 'easier' it owuld be to apply in terms of coding) : How about an auto-lock of threads over a X weeks old? That way no one could comment (or bump) if the video is 'old'. The AMV announcements forum is for new AMVs. So after a set amount of time, they wouldn't be needed to be 'announced' anymore anyway.

I was personally thinking 2 weeks till auto-lock but I'm sure a month would work, as well.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

yeah i'm tired of seeing tainted donuts at the top of the list

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

SQ wrote: How about an auto-lock of threads over a X weeks old? That way no one could comment (or bump) if the video is 'old'. The AMV announcements forum is for new AMVs. So after a set amount of time, they wouldn't be needed to be 'announced' anymore anyway.

I was personally thinking 2 weeks till auto-lock but I'm sure a month would work, as well.
Yeah I think that would be a really good idea if it can be pulled off. Cause I can't even find new AMVs without the old ones floating around all over the top. Or by topic created would be nice because then it just floats to the bottom slowly as new AMVs are added. And the new ones are always at the top.. =''3

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Should do a site poll for whether or not people think putting previews on threads should be for donators only or not. I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to change the vidid button to automatically put the preview on the announcement thread as well above the information. I know I've brought it up a few times already but I seriously think it would do alot of good for viewing/coments.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:17 pm

EvaFan wrote:Should do a site poll for whether or not people think putting previews on threads should be for donators only or not. I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to change the vidid button to automatically put the preview on the announcement thread as well above the information. I know I've brought it up a few times already but I seriously think it would do alot of good for viewing/coments.
Why should donators losing another benefit be something left up to a poll?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Why shouldn't it? It could be a donators only poll, that way you get another precious donator perk!

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:08 pm

You know its funny cause I hardly ever even see donators using it and I'm guessing its mostly forgot about anyway. Surprised a button for it hasn't been created.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”