Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: Running A New Comp But Having Trouble

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 am

Pwolf wrote:what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.
Can you link those?
Pwolf wrote:Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.
Can you link those as well, please?
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:29 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:what's the fake avi system you are using? as for huffyuv/lags, make sure you have the 64bit versions of those installed.
Can you link those?
http://download3.videohelp.com/huffyuv64.zip <- Huffyuv 64bit

http://lags.leetcode.net/LagarithSetup_1327.exe <- Lagarith 32 bit and 64bit installer

TwilightChrono wrote:
Pwolf wrote:Also, get the 64bit version of vdub and see if it will open in that as well.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual ... p/download

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 am

Pwolf wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
Can you link those?
http://download3.videohelp.com/huffyuv64.zip <- Huffyuv 64bit

http://lags.leetcode.net/LagarithSetup_1327.exe <- Lagarith 32 bit and 64bit installer

TwilightChrono wrote:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual ... p/download
Thanks. Also, I just realized something. I think a major part of the problem may be due to me using a 32 Bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 11. Let me try upgrading to the 64 Bit and I'll let you know how it pans out.

I'll keep you guys posted. Keep this thread alive if possible.

sakuraslight
Need more Jiggawatts
Org Profile

Post by sakuraslight » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:40 pm

VFAPIConv i havent seen that prog in years...

It is a bit old now but i dont think it is compatable with 64bit. Try oposit clicking on Vfapi and go to properties, compatabuility, and hen selceting windows 7 32bit as the compatabuility mode also do the same thing with vegas this might help. ?
ImageImage

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 am

It's all old so not that big a deal? AVS is an ancient crusty piece of shit to be quite honest. Half the other codec stuff on Windows is even worse (seriously, VSFilter, what the fucking fuck...)

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:58 am

Alright guys.

I've installed and ran my new 64 Bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 11. Seems to be working fine now. The program, not the other shit. Now, I commenced to ripping my Vobs using DVDFab. So far so good. Turn it into a d2v. Also works. Worked on a script and put it into VirtualDub 64 Bit.............................."Error Message: Fuck you." Well, in a sense. Because it says Error Code and then a bunch of numbers. Nothign about a line 1 or a line 2 or anything like that. This isn't the xact error code. But here is an example:

Error Message: Invalid Something or other 84573390202908

So.............Again...............help?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 am

64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
I don't believe anyone linked me the 64 bit version of AVIsynth. If you could link it, it would be a big help.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:64bit avisynth installed? 32bit everything you just mentioned Plus avisynth completely uninstalled so nothing accidentally gets confused?
I don't believe anyone linked me the 64 bit version of AVIsynth. If you could link it, it would be a big help.
I believe i've been using this one for a while http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

It's a 64bit MT build. Useful if you are doing lots of transcoding and filtering and don't like the whole estimated time of 2 days that pops up when you want to do an entire 50 episode series as a batch.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
I believe i've been using this one for a while http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152800

It's a 64bit MT build. Useful if you are doing lots of transcoding and filtering and don't like the whole estimated time of 2 days that pops up when you want to do an entire 50 episode series as a batch.
Sorry, but I discourage 64bit and MT builds for the time being, former mostly because they lack compatibility with many filters and related scripts, latter because they aren't stable with all filters, have a lower quality output with the ones they work with, and will be slower than single threaded builds with filters you're forced to single thread on.
If cutting down on time is vital for you, I suggest you run multiple encodes at the same time (ie, in a 50 ep series you could run 12.5 ep per vdub instance and have 4 instances at the same time with a quad core, more instances with more cores). This way you still cut down on the same time, while having all the benefits of the single threaded version. As far as 64bit goes, if all the filters you need are available it should be fine, but I've been reported that some filters aren't quite as stable as with the 32bit version, but I have no way to test it myself, so don't count my word on that (ie, feel free to use 64bit if all the filters you need are available, which seems odd to me, but oh well).

Return to “Video & Audio Help”