NEW EUREKA SEVEN ANIME!

Bonehimer
Org Profile

Re: NEW EUREKA SEVEN ANIME!

Post by Bonehimer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Im looking forward to this. E7 is my favorite anime, like it so much that I have been too intimidated to make an AMV with it.

Hopefully Dai Sato will be involved somehow, want more of the tv series and less of the movie.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm

13-year-old protagonist Fukai Ao lives together with an elderly doctor, Toshio, on Iwado Island in Okinawa. His dad's whereabouts are unknown and his mom was "taken away" 10 years ago. His childhood friend, Arata Naru (who lives with her dad, younger sister, and grandmother), is somewhat frail, physically, and requires an inhaler; however, she seems to have "yuta" power due to an accident that happened when she was very young.

The power isn't elaborated on just yet, but it turns out yuta is a concept in Ryukyuan religion. According to wikipedia, a yuta is a (95% of the time) female medium who can speak to the dead. Often the power is awakened at a young age via some incident of suffering.
-http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... acter-info

Not really sure how I feel about Ao's parents missing in action. Also considering Naru's last name is 'Arata', its kind of leading me to believe that the protagonists aren't their kids. Grandchildren or something. :c Idec I hope I'm wrong. I want their kids, dangit.
But the Yuta power thing sounds really cool to me.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Setting poster as my desktop:

Done!

Okay, Fukai's situation is EXACTLY like Rentons: Dad walked out, mom died, old guy caretaker.

"Talking to the dead" can't really be talking to the dead. At least not for this anime. Remember Diane? Yeah, somewhere along those lines.

As far as Nirvash goes...FAWCKIN AWESOME! I knew the name Shoji Kawamori sounded familiar. No wonder Nirvash looks so friggin cool! I'm kinda expecting to see a voice actor for her. Why? Because it makes sense. Nirvash might be Fukai and Arata's guide towards the evolutionary stage that they've been wanting so much. Maybe that's why There was a need for her reincarnation. Their combined powers might be the key to opening the new world.

I also see ocean...that's a good sign! Maybe we're gonna see some beach episodes? :D ... :) ... :| ... :? nah

Good catch, Eka! :up: :shark:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

The_TEKnician wrote: Okay, Fukai's situation is EXACTLY like Rentons: Dad walked out, mom died, old guy caretaker.
Well his mom's not dead. At least I hope she's not. She got taken by some people apparently (which, if she is Eureka, is kind of silly. R/E save the world and Renton ends up leaving and Eureka gets kidnapped. C'mon, Renton even had a park named after him for what he and Eureka did for the world. There is a moon with their names engraved on it. COME ON!)
"Talking to the dead" can't really be talking to the dead. At least not for this anime. Remember Diane? Yeah, somewhere along those lines.
Except there's no Control Cluster anymore. It got sliced in half and obliterated in the final episode, remember? Diane, Adrock and the other enlightened people either moved on to the light or supposedly went to the AU with half of the Coralians (I think Nirvash said half of the people there went with the half that left Earth).
Besides, Diane and Adrock never died. They just ended up in the library of the Control Cluster.

And I'm gonna miss Kenchi Yoshida so much; so sad he's not returning for character designs. :c But the new guy did a really nice job too, gotta say.

The only thing I'm left waiting for on baited breath is Naoki Sato on music.
C'mooonnnnn pleaseletithappen.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Renton even had a park named after him
WTH? I don't remember that! :book:
EkaCoralian wrote:Except there's no Control Cluster anymore. It got sliced in half and obliterated in the final episode, remember?
No, no...My theory is:

When people die and their bodies deteriorate into the earth (which is a mass of solidified Coralians, BTW) their conscience gets absorbed into the Coralians as well. Thus, Arata can speak to coralians and humans within that consciousness. Make sense? I highly doubt that Bones would go towards the spiritistic-type as they have already scientifically explained so much in the last series.

Still...it's just a hypothesis :book:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

The_TEKnician wrote: WTH? I don't remember that! :book:
Yeah when Axel and the kids go to see the moon in the last episode it pans by a sign that says 'Renton Thurston Hope Park' in Japanese. Bandai didn't translate it when they dubbed it, but Nanashi translated it when they fansubbed it.
No, no...My theory is:

When people die and their bodies deteriorate into the earth (which is a mass of solidified Coralians, BTW) their conscience gets absorbed into the Coralians as well. Thus, Arata can speak to coralians and humans within that consciousness. Make sense? I highly doubt that Bones would go towards the spiritistic-type as they have already scientifically explained so much in the last series.

Still...it's just a hypothesis :book:
Ohh, I gotcha. Interesting; though I wouldn't be surprised if it was merely the religion that the Yuta power came from. Yuta is apprently derived from Ryukyuan religion, and remember how important they made the Voderac religion in the show? Maybe its like a branch from Voderac this time through, or a new religion based on Voderac teachings (since they believed the land was going to bring death and destruction to humanity for all they had done except those who worshipped under them).

Further info:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... y-outlined
I think 'Secret' sounds kind of lame, but my one friend had a pretty cool theory for the plot of AO.
Here's a thought: Didn't Rention and Eureka say they were going to a new world or something like that at the end? (My memory's hazy) WHAT IF OUR PLANET IS THAT WORLD.

If that's the case, then the new series makes perfect sense that it takes place on "our planet" and that Renton and Eureka are Ao's parents. Let's say Renton was trying to go back to his world and disappeared, and then the military found out about Eureka (possibly deeming her an "alien") and took her away? THIS ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE GUYS.

I'm trademarking this prediction.

(It would make a bit more sense if we were going with the manga continuity, though, since at the end of that the ocean magically appeared and we could assume that many years later "our world" came to be.)

EDIT: another out there prediction: "Secret" is actually the Scub trying to get their way into our world.

WAIT A MINUTE.

ISN'T THE MOVIE CONTINUITY ALSO "OUR PLANET?"

I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I'M PREDICTING HERE.

EDIT 2: OMG OMG OMG OMG

YOU KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE?

WHERE RENTON AND EUREKA ARE ALONE ON SOME PLANET?

assuming it's not the "this is where you go when you die" planet...

DO YOU SEE WHERE I'M GETTING AT HERE?

This post better be seen on AO's "I Knew It!" tvtropes entry...
To which I replied:
=O So you're saying that the Scubs are gonna try and get into the Promised Land/the real Earth (There's a few Scubs left so it can be assumed that half of the Scubs Earth still lies above and probably now all over the Promised Land/real Earth. HMM!)
And Ao would be the example of the evolution between human and Coralian, right? Secret's attack could also bring the other half of the Scubs back from the AU (like signal fire) and then they'll also see Ao. Secret could either be a let's-revive-Dewey's-ideal-because-we-love-that-crazy-badass or the Scubs themselves, manipulating the project of Secret. It would still be signal fire either way!

Something's gonna happen between the Scubs and Ao.

And its gonna be SWEET.

EDIT: Wait do you mean that the Scubs tried to overtake the AU world after the series and they're doing the exact same thing in this sequel? I mean they'd all have the same goal, right? All that really needs to happen in the end is for them to witness the evolution between human and Coralian, so Ao has to do something awesome.

EDIT 2: AND IF ALL THE SCUBS COME BACK THEY MIGHT TRY TO TAKE AO AS THE CONTROL CLUSTER. SHIIII-
So the Scubs coming down to the Promised Land would be interesting and certainly not unheard of. After all, if Eureka gets kidnapped, the Scubs are still going to show hostility.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

EkaCoralian's friend wrote:YOU KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE?

WHERE RENTON AND EUREKA ARE ALONE ON SOME PLANET?
That was OUR planet (given the snow moon flower blooming at the end). I'm kinda getting lost in your friend's prediction. :book:

This "Secret" Entity may just be the thing that I needed to further my own super-thesis:
Spoiler :
THE CORALIANS NATURAL PREDATOR HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THEM.
I...NEED...MORE...SCREENSHOTS!

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm

I want to think she just meant the Scubs (or 'Image/EIZO') were trying to do the same thing she's explaining for her speculation on AO's plot, pff.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Someone found a RAW page from the manga that got released yesterday; I've no idea if any scanlators have picked it up yet.
Hey, who could that be in the bottom left panel? /shot
Spoiler :
Some people are speculating why she doesn't have her wings there too. On one hand they could've retracted; her green arm went back to normal by the last episode, so its entirely possible. She could also have folded her wings in really well and they're just under her shirt (though you'd see bulk). Either way, if she's the being who was taken hostage a number of years ago, I can see why she wouldn't want to show her wings in public, pff.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 am

That little kid is Ao. I can only read katakana and hiragana, but I saw the "A" character and "O" in conjunction in a lone speech bubble, so i can only assume that this mystery girl is referring to the boy.
Spoiler :
EkaCoralian wrote:if she's the being who was taken hostage a number of years ago, I can see why she wouldn't want to show her wings in public, pff.
Wait...is this a continuation of where the SERIES left off or the MOVIE? I would think that Eureka just wants to be a normal girl after all that craziness she went through for 4 seasons.

And on that note...she's still kinda short. Since coralians don't age (remember Sakuya) maybe she's stuck in this physical form (remember, she was alive before Renton came into the picture). Well, there goes my shattered dream of seeing a taller Eureka.

And WHYYYY IS SHE ALONE IN THIS SCENE? :uhoh: Oh, please god, no...dont tell me...

The close-up of a bracelet...looking up into the sky...holding her arm...talking to herself...

:shock:

Return to “General Anime”