Error, Cant mout file

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Re: Error, Cant mout file

Post by xk4ReaL » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:45 pm

i was talking about avfs, not avsp. avfs is what i need to create fake avi files. I m no pro at this, but i think i am right about this lol.
The whole point of my problem is not being able to create fake avi files, cause it gives me some error. But in virtualdub i can preview everything just fine.
What i rly want, is to be able to create fake avi files for me to edit with them. I dont want to render lossless files of all my anime. That s impossible. for me at least.
If virtualdub can preview the scripted clip just fine, and when i try to mount the script it gives me error, the only problem i can think about is the avfs file. I already re instaled it, but nothing changed. Maybe a problem with windows 7 64? but then again, i used to be able to make this with no problem. I donno what changed, but somethin did.
Maybe i should try on another pc, but the only one i have other than this one, is from the stone age. Slow as hell.. I m screwed basicly lol.
http://xk4real.site.vu/
Best quality vids available here.
Note: Site still in construction!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:09 pm

xk4ReaL wrote:i was talking about avfs, not avsp.
Might want to fix your first post where you're complaining about AVSP not working then.
xk4ReaL wrote:but now everytime that i try to mout a file in avsp it gives me this error
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Post by xk4ReaL » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
xk4ReaL wrote:i was talking about avfs, not avsp.
Might want to fix your first post where you're complaining about AVSP not working then.
xk4ReaL wrote:but now everytime that i try to mout a file in avsp it gives me this error
yeah, sry my mistake :P

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Skated over this thread because the rest of it looked even dumber than the first half. AVS files themselves are fake avi files. I have no idea why you would need AVFS for that. The whole point of avs is to act as avi to the system...

Holmes
Org Profile

Post by Holmes » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:AVS files themselves are fake avi files. I have no idea why you would need AVFS for that.
No they aren't.

You need AVFS because Vegas can't import avs files. That's why you use AVFS to create a fake avi file so that vegas can import it. I'm having a similar problem where I can't mount my script because AVFS is saying it's not a supported file format, even though it's a lossless encode made with lagarith and everything else runs it fine.
Le plus grand des détectives
Oui c'est lui Sherlock Holmes, le voici

xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Post by xk4ReaL » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Holmes wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:AVS files themselves are fake avi files. I have no idea why you would need AVFS for that.
No they aren't.

You need AVFS because Vegas can't import avs files. That's why you use AVFS to create a fake avi file so that vegas can import it. I'm having a similar problem where I can't mount my script because AVFS is saying it's not a supported file format, even though it's a lossless encode made with lagarith and everything else runs it fine.
Someone that understands me here :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 am

But AVS files are fake avi files by definition. It's just that vegas does not recognize them since they do not have the .avi extension.

xk4ReaL
Org Profile

Post by xk4ReaL » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 pm

vegas does recognize avi files...
The problem here is creating fake avi files to use them is vegas.. I cant! I try to mount the script, and it just gives some error, and it seems Holmes is having the same problem. And since the script runs fine in virtualdub, the problem has to be with avfs. Or avfp or wtv.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Please read my post again. What I said is that vegas does not recognize avs scripts (unless grammar limits tricked me and I actually wrote the opposite without realizing, in which case I apologize).

If closely following the steps in the avtech to install avfs and pismo does not work, the next best thing I can think for frameserving is ffdshow's MakeAVIs, or perhaps VFAPI as a third alternative, but they aren't too stable, much less than avfs+pismo already is, and it isn't the best, really.
I would really suggest you to make lossless clips, but if HDD space is an issue to you (and considering that new HDDs aren't as affordable as they used to not too long ago), then trying a less stable solution and hoping everything goes well is all you have.

A further read about frameserving can be had here: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/FAQ_frame ... _utilities
It is quite useful to understand why avs files are considered to be avi files but are not compatible with certain programs, and the reason is quite simply that uncompatible programs do not rely upon windows to do the work, but have internal splitters and decoders instead, and as such avisynth scripts cannot be used directly, since those programs do not have access to the avisynth.dll.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 am

They actually are fake AVI files, that's how they work. The problem is Vegas either not using core libraries properly or relying on file extension for shit it shouldn't, which both come down to Vegas being a poorly designed program. If you cannot stream your AVS file to a proper AVI, then you'll need to invest in more HDD space to do so. Vegas wasn't designed to work with something as hacky as virtual file mounting and I don't think whinging that other people's software is broken is the right thing to do, although for all I know it very well could be an AVFS issue. That said, given those applications are mostly ignorant of their own content, it's almost certainly Vegas. Use a better NLE?

Return to “AviSynth Help”