Looking to get better at AMVs...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
II Juice II
Org Profile

Looking to get better at AMVs...

Post by II Juice II » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Hey, I have been making amvs for a while now and just simply want some feed back if I am good or bad. I dont think I am the best but also not the worst (hopefully) I just need some feedback , thx. Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/Justice12345671 please respond :shark: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/p ... e=post&f=2#

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Looking to get better at AMVs...

Post by Kariudo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 pm

I can't think of a better place for this, so in Gen AMV it stays.

Dropping a youtube link and running away doesn't usually garner much of a response.
The two best ways to get feedback here are:
-Making a post in the AMV Announcements section
-Making a post in the Opinion Exchange

The rules for both of those sections say that you need to enter a video in our catalog. You don't need to upload your video to our server, but you are always welcome to do so.

+edit:
I watched your most recent vid, the one with the catalog entry here. I'll just share a few quick thoughts.

-You have literal lyric sync throughout the video. It can work, but I personally try to shy away from this type of sync. It tends to detract from most videos for me, because more often than not people get tunnel vision when doing literal lyric sync. The song will mention something like a door unlocking, and people will drop everything else to find a clip with a door. The need felt to find a door, any door, usually casts aside other aspects of an amv like flow, mood, pacing, and other sync.

-General sync is kinda sketchy. I get the feeling that you know how to sync action to the music, but it seemed rather hit and miss overall. I felt that the transitions between clips were generally not synced, which makes it feel sloppy to me.

My advice for your next video would be to redirect your focus on literal lyric sync to something like pacing (and syncing clip transitions). Try to match the amount of clips (and the amount of action in each clip) you use in a given section of the song to the pace/mood of the music. Faster = more clips (and/or more action), slower = less clips (and/or less action). This idea can also apply to the frequency and speed of transitions between clips.

II Juice II
Org Profile

Re: Looking to get better at AMVs...

Post by II Juice II » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Ok thanks for the feed back :)

Return to “General AMV”