Adobe After Effects basics

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
sholin360
Org Profile

Adobe After Effects basics

Post by sholin360 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:54 am

I just started using AE and is there a guide/tutorial to start learning(can't find youtube ones)?
I want to learn how to move the camera for transitions and zoom in out(pump/beat effect), can someone please help me? :oops:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Adobe After Effects basics

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/CorsairAMV?feature=watch

Go look for his "AMVlog" videos, which offer both Vegas and After Effects tutorials.

sholin360
Org Profile

Post by sholin360 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:42 am

I already knew about him before and his vids are really helpful, but there aren't any basic ones like how to do a slide transition(one of the many things I want to learn), I really want to know how to make the camera move as a transition and how to zoom in and out to be in sync with music.(I only know it has something to do with null objects)
Please help :cry: :oops:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:05 am

Honestly, the best advice that I can give you is to to just play with it and learn as you work with it. Over-reliance on tutorial videos can kill the creative usage of effects and their execution. Naturally, it's one thing to use them to learn where the tools are and their various settings, but it's another to be completely in need of them.

Although I think Corsair did a tutorial on slide transitioning with his masking tutorial.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:25 pm

You want to use those video tutorials as guides. DO NOT copy them - use them to understand basic program flow and what different variables do. Aim to understand the software in a piece-wise manner by understanding the steps and why they did what they did.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 am

Personally i recommend watching Andrew Kramer's tutorials from Videocopilot.net they teach you how to get to a result but they go through a lot of basic work instead of going through steps hard to understand
Mizu

Return to “Adobe Software”