Fight Myself

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SomeOtherTroper
Org Profile

Fight Myself

Post by SomeOtherTroper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:51 am

Youtube

I tried to tell a somewhat different story than the source anime did, and break from the "play a fast song over long fight scene clips" method that is all too common with action amvs created from this anime.

Youtube

Only 28 seconds long and just for fun. My first time using the AviSynth->VirtualDub->Lagarith pipeline. It really works as well as y'all say it does!

Criticism, advice, and tips are all appreciated.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Fight Myself

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 am

I checked out Fight Myself, because I am such a closet insane Fate/Stay fan.

On the whole, I like how you captured an interesting take on Archer. Nice job conceptually, which I appreciated endlessly. I love AMVs that show inner struggles.

The only thing that I really didn't like was the fact that you included the scene with Rider attacking Shirou, as well as scenes with Rin. To me, almost the entire AMV was focused on Archer/Shirou, and having these two included killed that focus. I know that the scenes with these two are moderately limited, but I think it could have been pulled off with proper scene selection.

Editing wise, I think it needed a little more polish on hitting the beats and transitioning between the different settings, but still entertaining nonetheless.

Still, I liked it on the whole. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”