Persona 4: The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Persona 4: The Animation

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Spoiler :
PERSONA!

Kanji was...very expressive today XD

I can't remember brother Konishi being at camp..was that the case? I hope they touch up on him more, since they didn't get to spend a lot of time with him.

I found Yosuke's homophobia kinda annoying in the game...but when Yu does it in the anime, its actually funny. "Is our chastity in danger?" I guess Yu can do no wrong XD

Ironically, I find Yosuke a bit annoying in the anime, since they are playing up his perv side a bit.

Also, Chie looked nice in that swimsuit~

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Spoiler :
I can't remember brother Konishi being at camp..was that the case? I hope they touch up on him more, since they didn't get to spend a lot of time with him.
Spoiler :
I thought the first time you meet him was at school...XD

And while I didn't laugh as much in the anime than I did in the game for the cooking scene, it wasn't too badly done. ^^
So, nice episode was nice. :up:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm

The most painful part of this entire season:
Spoiler :
Kanji getting "turned down". WHAT THE HELL! Makes up for the lack of humor with the curry.
Cute episode on the whole. I liked the new social link getting changed up a bit. I think it really brought it home nicely.

I think what I like more about this than anything is that we're only 8 episodes in. XD

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:12 am

noooo, only got a quick sneak at the midnight show for risette, oh well, just have to wait for the next ep. I wonder how they're going to make her persona in the anime lol

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Spoiler :
The special OP in this OP kinda startled me ^^;

I was entirely unaware that Rise's idol name was different in Japanese. Kinda glad the subs went for Risette anyway.

All-Out attack XD the stream skipped a bit during this, but I still laughed pretty good.

Next week introduces the ONE Shadow that my mom saw...maybe I should show her the ep too 8D

This is the first ep where Yu doesn't gain a Social Link isn't it?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Spoiler :
This is the first ep where Yu doesn't gain a Social Link isn't it?
Makes me wonder how they'll do the Velvet Room scene in the next episode. XD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:13 am

well they took down
Spoiler :
shadow teddie
pretty easily, considering how hard he was in the game, spamming megidolean and all =p

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 am

I love how yu is emotionless pervert in this series, spamming the record button in the beginning during the midnight channel

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:13 pm

pfft, they totally made Kanji into a Velma in this ep. I can't tell who the comedy releif in this show is, Yosuke or Kanji? ;p
Spoiler :
Shadow Rise was done very well. I don't really like fanservice in my anime but I have to say that it was pretty justified here, and the first bit of her Midnight Channel made me crack up. Guess you can't record it, Yu...

Shadow Teddie was a bit of a disappointment considering it was one of the more epic battles. I don't feel like it reeeally needed more that one episode to do but it could have...at least moved. But jeez, that face.

Next week is fish face! Will be interesting to see how that world is portrayed.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Spoiler :
The animation was great in this episode. Last week's ep was super derpy, so glad they got a better animation team for this one.

Boo-yah, Teddie summoned his Persona! It ended up being..bear-y amusing.

Interestingly, Yosuke got somewhat of a TV-World of his own, facing his own Shadow aside, which was a pretty cool touch. Pretty sure that was all added stuff, right? The jump into this was pretty confusing [How did it really..happen? The others seemed fine] but it was pulled off otherwise.

MAKAMI. YES. You're going into all of my Persona amvs now <3

Looks like next week will feature many more Social links. And FOX. Some people were speculating that the delivery girl might be a replacement for the Hermit link so Im glad to see Fox around.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”