Mawaru Penguindrum

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Mawaru Penguindrum

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Honestly this show alters between being completely normal and adorable with penguins, and then hopping aboard the 'a bit much' bus for a bit. :\ I still enjoy it, and I quite like how they are approaching such mature topics that you don't see normally with such a show, but its the way they're going at it that I don't like;
Spoiler :
this weird cycle of 'Penguins-RAPE-Himari being adorab-CHILD ABUSE'. :c
Still, good show, just maybe not among my favorites as of right now. Episode 15 was good.
Spoiler :
And ShoRingo needs to happen again. ;;

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 am

This anime.... ;____________;
Spoiler :
Holy fuck, can we get ONE CHARACTER, and I mean ONE character that doesn't have a tragic backstory? PLEASE! Yuri's is outright saddening to the point where I nearly cried.

What started out as a ridiculously sentimental/cute anime has come full circle and really become something very mature. I'm not sure if I really hate it like that or not? It's enjoyable, has something new/unique in each episode and is just generally something I wouldn't have expected.

AND THAT DAMN DIARY. WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT DAMN DIARY. WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM.

More importantly... I'm wondering... Mamoka... What did she cast that made her die? Whose fate did she completely alter?

Pinky Doctor... I wonder how much of a help he really is... /does not trust him

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 am

I think that episode 16 was the first episode of PenguinDrum that I didn't like. It was just 20 minutes of prolonged confusion. I'm not even sure if we're supposed to take any of the plot developments seriously.
EkaCoralian wrote:
Spoiler :
And ShoRingo needs to happen again. ;;
yes it does :up:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Episode 16 = crazy. Personally thought it was awesome, and a few bits actually made me laugh hard.
See, this isn't even a comedy show, yet the few time it tries, it is very funny, whereas most comedy shows nowadays can hardly make me smile. Food for thought, I'd say.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am

Episode 19: This show just keeps getting better and better. The plot has been slowly evolving since episode 1, and I think that we're almost at the moment where everything will be revealed. I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
Spoiler :
I completely support Sho X Ringo, but I think that Himari is gonna try to step in between them. Now that she has her memory back (and may not actually be their real sister), so many love pairings open up.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:22 pm

But Kanba has done so much for Himari; she should realize this arrgghh ;;
Episode 20 was good. Flawless bluebro continued to be flawless.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:01 am

Currently watching this and I'm loving those 3 small penguins. <3 The silly things they do always have me laughing, so adorable.

Ep12 was kinda saddening though, especially
Spoiler :
how desperate Kanba was trying to save her.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:50 am

Episode 21 :o
lesson of the day: Don't mess with Kanba. He plays for keeps.

And after the creadits
Spoiler :
SERIOUSLY? NONE OF THEM ARE RELATED? WTF! 3 episodes left. I can't wait :awesome:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Episode 23.....D:
Spoiler :
Wow. o__o She was in an aquarium and still managed to let the diary burn?!
One episode left. D:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Gah... Sorry, but this anime has completely lost me. I was a dedicated fan up until about episode 18ish, but they've gone off the charts now.
Spoiler :
It's not becasue they pulled a 360 from going from "happy hope" to "OMGWTF Darkness", because I liked Madoka for doing that. It's because it's not the show I wanted it to be. It's very similar to why I hated Usagi Drop's second half of the manga, and now why that anime irritates the living shit out of me.

I felt like they've just thrown the plot into "it's all a big conspiracy", and gone the HIdeo Kojima route of confusing the hell out of the viewers for the sake of looking complex. The last episode may completely change my mind, but I highly doubt it.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”