Journal/QC Replies?

gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: Journal/QC Replies?

Post by gotegenks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 pm

I meant it COULD yield better feedback. It COULD get someone to say what they didn't have the courage to say before because they don't feel good enough to tell a better editor something wrong with their video, or they wanna say something a little embarrassing to say in public, or at least with their own name backing it. replying to the announcement thread has enough benefits to prevent everyone from going pure qc (or rather qc'ing has enough limits/downsides) so having qcomments as a bonus feature is something i value.

journal replies to qc's do bother me....a little bit. And although there aren't many journal replies to other journals that doesn't mean there isn't a desire to reply to some stuff, it's just that using your journal to reply usually isn't very warranted, and it's somewhat of a hassle.

Journal reply system would facilitate conversation, communication, connectivity, friendship, discussion, all that jazz

Quick comment reply system would facilitate more and better feedback

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am

"COULD".. heh, well for me it hasn't. It COULD do a lot of things, but if my QCs compared to my old Ops tell me anything, that is that it hasn't yielded better feedback.

Well "wrong" is also a relative term.

I've gotten feedback (not from a QC) about my use of lipflap. Some people are extremely annoyed by it, but as a person once said "a romance where no one is talking to each other is rather creepy". Since hearing that I've kept it in mind and have always attempted to include small occasional lipflaps in my romance videos. The same can be said of people who use super fast edits, which some people enjoy, although I don't. Or crossfades, seriously I don't get the total angst over crossfades... So "wrong" could really just come down to taste. I mention this because I haven't gotten any technical comments for a very long time.

Quick comments are meant to be just that QUICK if you have something more detailed to write then you should just put it down in an opinion and own your words. They were created to cut back on the one word "junk" opinions bumping "mediocre" videos around the "top 10%" list. And to hopefully get more people to comment in general (although I get less opinions and QCs now that I used to back before they existed).

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:(although I get less opinions and QCs now that I used to back before they existed)
I can almost guarantee that has nothing to do with the existence of quick commenting. [lurking variables anybody?]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 am

I never said I got less comments because of QCs, I'm just saying that the fact that QCs were created to get people to comment more, and well imho that hasn't worked.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 am

well it just hasn't been able to defeat the lurking variables out there, but i'm sure it's helped.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”