.DiE

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

.DiE

Post by [key]Scarlet » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

When I started making this video I concentrated my attention on the story, trying to don't omit the technical part.
Spoiler :
Story: the guy is rejected by the girl who loves; he gets angry and decides to kill her. Then he repents of what he committed - devoured by the pain and the regret - and for an unknown reason he is allowed to go back to the past.
Alternative streaming link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6f9X5o0-Uo

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: .DiE

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:00 pm

That was fantastic! At the beginning it seemed a little slow (but then again, I didn't know the video would heavily involve Mikuru either).
Very well-done, and your masking especially was glorious! :up:

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

You already know
I still liked it very good pamela :D

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:43 pm

As expressed in the QC, a very good video.
Just to reiterate and for others to see: good and well-paced storytelling, quite easy to grasp yet original in the sense that it does not follow the movie; masks were decidedly slick, very well executed, however the compositing wasn't quite up there, especially with the masks fading and revealing the background (for fadeouts with compositions you should either nest or fade a black solid overlayed to the rest). Also, the video kinda just ended there without a proper resolution or whatever, but that is really of no concern since I assume it showed what you wanted to show and overall did it quite well.
Definitely enjoyed it, a good video that I'd recommend to haruhi fans and not. :up: 4/5

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 am

EkaCoralian wrote:That was fantastic! At the beginning it seemed a little slow (but then again, I didn't know the video would heavily involve Mikuru either).
Very well-done, and your masking especially was glorious! :up:
Glad you liked it
mirkosp wrote:As expressed in the QC, a very good video.
Just to reiterate and for others to see: good and well-paced storytelling, quite easy to grasp yet original in the sense that it does not follow the movie; masks were decidedly slick, very well executed, however the compositing wasn't quite up there, especially with the masks fading and revealing the background (for fadeouts with compositions you should either nest or fade a black solid overlayed to the rest). Also, the video kinda just ended there without a proper resolution or whatever, but that is really of no concern since I assume it showed what you wanted to show and overall did it quite well.
Definitely enjoyed it, a good video that I'd recommend to haruhi fans and not. :up: 4/5
Glad you liked it, too. I also appreciated the fact that you highlighted my video to the others, so thank you very much.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:20 pm

As you know, the only thing which didn't convince me is the technical realisation of some minor details like the black shapes or the compositing in the fading scenes. For the rest is a pretty good video with a nice story and the realisation in general was more than decent. :up:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:36 am

mirkosp wrote:Also, the video kinda just ended there without a proper resolution or whatever, but that is really of no concern since I assume it showed what you wanted to show and overall did it quite well.
My only complaint. Otherwise it was a really neat video, good job. :up:

Dax
Org Profile

Post by Dax » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:16 am

Nice job, the story was easy to follow and the video got much better as it went along. I'm not really a fan of this kind of music, but I still enjoyed the video. The only thing I didn't like were some of the fade outs, they felt a little too dragged out and left the video black for a split second too long imo, if you know what I mean. But overall, it was a solid video :up:

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Thx for the comment, glad you like it! :D

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Great storytelling and fantastic video editing alongside great masking and solid pacing. I had a small issue with a few areas of the story [the rejection scene and another scene I mentioned in my op], but this was fantastic.

And I'm not sure what you use for editing, but you can use a nesting function in premier pro to do overlaying masks without those pesky fade weirdness.

Highly recommend. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”