This is probably impossible

gotegenks
Org Profile

This is probably impossible

Post by gotegenks » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 am

But in the announcement section it'd be cool to have a little label next to "replies" and "views" that gives the anime song and artist of the vid,

that would clash with "multi-vid" threads though, and idk how malleable these forums even are. Maybe by rollover though?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: This is probably impossible

Post by Kariudo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 pm

While it may be technically possible, it is very impractical for a few different reasons.

-It would require a major change of the forum's "style" to add extra columns to the list of threads. Also, it'd have to be applied solely to the amv announcement section.

-It would require some script to parse new posts (for vidids) as they're made, and then append the thread's information in the database.

That aside, the vidid tags pretty much take care of this, ya? The only difference is that you have to read the thread to get the info.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:36 pm

This would work much better as a Greasemonkey script than anything else. For any other option, the amount of time you'd have to put into coding this would far outweigh the benefit of having it.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Kariudo wrote:-It would require a major change of the forum's "style" to add extra columns to the list of threads. Also, it'd have to be applied solely to the amv announcement section.
I think that would be the most difficult...
Kariudo wrote:-It would require some script to parse new posts (for vidids) as they're made, and then append the thread's information in the database.
This however could be added if we added a new text field under, say, the subject line, where a user could put the vid id of the video they are releasing. Save that in a table that links to the thread and just reference that table in the thread list to display the data.

Either way, it would take some work to do. I kind of like the idea though.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”