How To Resolve Donation Problems

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Re: How To Resolve Donation Problems

Postby GloryQuestor » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:30 pm

rubyeye wrote:Does anyone know if Phade is still handling mail-in donations? My donation got returned to me saying UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED - UNABLE TO FORWARD. The address I sent to is the same one posted on the site:

Mailing Address:
AnimeMusicVideos.org
P.O.Box 5676
Concord, NC 28027

Has this changed? Is he in the process of moving or something?? Or is the .org shifting to using Paypal only?

I don't remember his email address, so maybe I should try PM'ing him to find out.

Hi, rubyeye. I'm presently in charge of donations processing.

We were accepting mailed check payments along with PayPal in the past, but afaik it has been all but phased it out by now. We only have the PayPal account for donations processing now.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know by the Donations Manager e-mail, or you can PM me about it.

EDIT: As we announced, mail-ins are back in business. Thanks :)
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby xDreww » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:42 pm

How long does it usually take to receive a payment? I sent one today of $12 but it's still pending for me.
xDreww

Postby Kariudo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:53 pm

What message did you get when you came back to the org page from paypal?
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby xDreww » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 pm

uh..I forgot. I just payed the amount, then received an e-mail about the information. Went to check if it went though and the org says its pending.

PAYPAL THANK YOU

Verifying transaction information...

Verification successful.
A confirmation email has been sent to you. You should now have access to all donator benefits.

Okay now it says complete.
xDreww

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I got an error when paying my boyfriends donation status last week on the 7th. Not sure what went wrong, since I did my own account before his and it went through perfectly fine.

I sent an email to donations@animemusicvideos ( . )org. I am wondering if someone had a chance to view my email yet? I would like to know what went wrong and if I need to re due my PayPal steps... : S

I don't want his account to get suspended for not paying, before I know what is going on with my payment.

(also sorry, I was not quite sure where else to post this, since.. no one has replied to my email =D )
Chained(E)Studio

Postby GloryQuestor » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 am

Chained(E)Studio wrote:I got an error when paying my boyfriends donation status last week on the 7th. Not sure what went wrong, since I did my own account before his and it went through perfectly fine.

I sent an email to donations@animemusicvideos ( . )org. I am wondering if someone had a chance to view my email yet? I would like to know what went wrong and if I need to re due my PayPal steps... : S

I don't want his account to get suspended for not paying, before I know what is going on with my payment.

(also sorry, I was not quite sure where else to post this, since.. no one has replied to my email =D )

Checking into it now. I'll send you a PM when I find out.
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby mirkosp » Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 pm

ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID

Seems like the error isn't fixed yet?
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Could it have something to do with an assumption that the payment is supposed to be automatic and if it's not it has a clear time? That clear time goes away if you're a big time vendor, though. So, i can do a bank funds transfer via paypal to STEAM, but not to the 'org without shit going wrong because the 'org isn't in paypal's special cool kids club.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby mirkosp » Tue May 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Well the transfer took place, that much I'm sure of. I'll just wait for it to be manually confirmed, but it's a bummer that it doesn't work automatically. :\
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby scarletrhodelia » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:
rubyeye wrote:Does anyone know if Phade is still handling mail-in donations? My donation got returned to me saying UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED - UNABLE TO FORWARD. The address I sent to is the same one posted on the site:

Mailing Address:
AnimeMusicVideos.org
P.O.Box 5676
Concord, NC 28027

Has this changed? Is he in the process of moving or something?? Or is the .org shifting to using Paypal only?

I don't remember his email address, so maybe I should try PM'ing him to find out.

Hi, rubyeye. I'm presently in charge of donations processing.

We were accepting mailed check payments along with PayPal in the past, but afaik it has been all but phased it out by now. We only have the PayPal account for donations processing now.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know by the Donations Manager e-mail, or you can PM me about it.

EDIT: As we announced, mail-ins are back in business. Thanks :)

I am having the same problem that rubyeye had. My check was recently returned to me (06/07/12) with one of those annoying yellow labels that says "NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED UNABLE TO FORWARD." I would really rather pay by mail - I'm not even sure if I have a Paypal account, as it has given me trouble in the past. What to do?
scarletrhodelia

Postby Kariudo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Could it have something to do with an assumption that the payment is supposed to be automatic and if it's not it has a clear time? That clear time goes away if you're a big time vendor, though. So, i can do a bank funds transfer via paypal to STEAM, but not to the 'org without shit going wrong because the 'org isn't in paypal's special cool kids club.

The problem is somewhere in communication with paypal. With paypal's IPN API, you have to send back a block of information exactly as it was sent to you in the first place for verification. Same data, same order, same character encoding. Thing is, if this step is the problem, none of the paypal donations should be getting through. I'd have to talk with GQ to see if that's the case.

I'll see if I can't take another look at the donation system here in the next few weeks.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby blaksun » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:07 pm

ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID:
Send a e-mail a week a go just wot to know how long i have to wait to i get a respond\reply ? :?
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)
blaksun

Postby GloryQuestor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:58 pm

blaksun wrote:ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID:
Send a e-mail a week a go just wot to know how long i have to wait to i get a respond\reply ? :?

Processed and sent an update. Sorry about the wait -- my computer was down for a couple of weeks, so couldn't follow up until now. >_<

Just an FYI - If the system gives you a response of "PayPal response was INVALID", assume that we have received the payment. Do not try to pay it again until we've checked it. I normally check every week (and whenever e-mails are sent to Donations), since the amount of "INVALID" transactions is actually now much fewer and far between. Right now on average, for every 50 donations I review, only 3-5 ever come up as pending approval now, whereas in the past we had to approve pretty much everything. (Thanks for that go to Kariudo for getting the PayPal processing straightened out at the time. ;) )

So, if you get that INVALID response, please be patient and continue to send your e-mails if your account status isn't updated. Odds are you are one of the "lucky" (and very) few that didn't process right, but we'll make sure it's done. Also, if you get a response other than the INVALID response above, or no response at all, then definitely let us know right away, as that's a sign that we might not have received your payment at all.
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby sloken18 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 am

this is my first time donating here and may have messed something up but it's been about 24 hours since i did the donation and it still says that No payments have been received for this pledge. i can confirm that i did sent by paypal, and that paypal did the transaction but this site says i haven't yet
sloken18

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

ERROR: PayPal response was INVALID

Org still hates yurop? :uhoh:
mirkosp
MODkip

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help & Feedback