Dreams

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Re: Dreams

Post by UpcomingDread » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:55 pm

I had a dream where I wake up in my bed but when I sit up i'm in a huge room full of nothing but rows of lamps; I still laugh when I think of it. So yeah that was a weird one that stuck with me through life, also once I fell off the moon and almost landed on spikes in space. O.o

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:17 pm

I found this cat.
And the fucking cat ate my hand.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Spicey_wolf wrote:Supposedly if you can make yourself have lucid dreams and can keep that lucidity you can control your dream and make anything happen. I think that's a little to far for me since this stuff just freaks me out. lol
It's extremely hard to do, and the more control you attempt to exert, the harder it gets to both perform and to stay asleep.

In one of those cases I was in some sort of drug cartel supply warehouse (it probably came from watching some police drama) that looked suspiciously like a Wal-Mart, and I had to get a few of my friends and try to escape. I realized I was dreaming, and since it was that kind of situation, it meant giving myself super powers and fighting my way out. It was ridiculously hard to keep the concentration to keep the powers working, but I did manage to get outside and blow some stuff up before waking up.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 am

I've had many lucid dreams, in some I could force my will on the dream in others not so much. Its never been scary for me though. I will often take control of a dream or change it/wake up if a dream is going in a way that I don't like, without the dream being lucid though.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 am

I had this dream a few years back that always stuck out, though I can only remember very little.

I went into the dream with the knowledge that I had died...somehow. I didn't know how, but I was at peace with this. I was in the passenger side of a pick-up truck with some trucker-ish looking guy driving. We were driving up a giant spiral staircase which looked like the stairs from Sonic Adventure 2's Chao garden lobby [/Totally not an obscure reference]. This was apparently the stairway to heaven. It occurred to me that I was VERY small, and despite the fact that I couldn't see myself, I knew why. I was a bag of Cheetos.

Cue waking up. I still have NO idea what that was about.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 am

Look, I didn't do it. Five years ago I didn't know I'd be here. Who are you, anyway? What do you take me for? I must be dreaming...

Just a second. Listen, I'll never eat a double cheeseburger before bed again. Really.

I'm tellin' ya, I didn't do it. But if I did do it, it was an accident.

In promulgating your esoteric agitations and articulating your superficial, amicable and psychological observations, be aware of platitudinous ponderosities. Are we really the dream police?

aerotem
show 'em my judo throw
Org Profile

Post by aerotem » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 pm

I dreamt that I was in a parkour competition at Wal-Mart, and I won. After which I bought a leather couch, when all of a sudden Biggie Smalls came out of nowhere with a bucket of KFC and stole it.
:ying:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Qyot27 wrote:It's extremely hard to do, and the more control you attempt to exert, the harder it gets to both perform and to stay asleep.
Ya, I've had a few instances in which I became aware I was dreaming and took a bit of control of the dream but usually wake up very shortly after. Only one in particular that I can remember is a dream in which I was under water and able to breath. During that one at some point I realized that breathing under water doesn't make sense and started heading for the surface but I woke up in pretty much a pool of sweat. It was hot that summer in my room.

My mom is apparently one of those people that can 'Astral Project' themselves during sleep. She says she can see herself and go around the house in her dreams sometimes but she never goes outside some reason. She says sometimes shes afraid that if she goes too far away she wont be able to wake up. I'm not sure I believe it and its likely not something thats hereditary cause I've never experienced anything like it. It's interesting though.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, I used to suffer from sleep paralysis on a fairly regular basis (it's more frequent when under heavy stress - they tapered off a lot after high school was over). I'd much rather have lucid dreams than have to experience that, since sleep paralysis is absolutely terrifying to go through about 90%+ of the time. There were only a couple times I can recall that I realized what was going on and was actually calm during it.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Qyot27 wrote:Well, I used to suffer from sleep paralysis on a fairly regular basis (it's more frequent when under heavy stress - they tapered off a lot after high school was over). I'd much rather have lucid dreams than have to experience that, since sleep paralysis is absolutely terrifying to go through about 90%+ of the time. There were only a couple times I can recall that I realized what was going on and was actually calm during it.
I still get it from time to time. Also have GERD and tend to get asthmatic when it acts up - primarily while in bed. Nothing's scarier than the thought of being paralyzed and not being able to breathe because you're choking on your own bile.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”