what effect is this?

FabioFortune
Org Profile

what effect is this?

Post by FabioFortune » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 pm

hi guys =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhY_xK9pJjM This effect at 1:18 with the two borders, the arrow and the bubble background. That four things are all separated effects that he mixed? or is some kinda of an animated template. Im a sony vegas user by the way.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: what effect is this?

Post by Pwolf » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 am

Looks like it's either a caned transition in the editing program or they composited it all together is AE or some other similar program.

overninja
Org Profile

Post by overninja » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 am

Yeah, i think you can do this effect with AE but with some other too.
juste scale your clip down and, get it out of the screen we can see, second scale your second clip and put it on the screen we can see and finally scale this one larger, the size of the composition or larger, it's like you want :).

for the arrow, it's a plugin i think, video copilot hae one like this but you have to pay it

PS : Sorry for my bad english it's not my maternal language^^.

faithhope21
Org Profile

Post by faithhope21 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Well the arrow effect I know you have to pay for it from Evolution the arrow will come in a package along with other kinds of arrows and some bonus material. And once you have it you can import it into Vegas and use it but it is really easier to use in After effect then vegas im talkin from experience here lol I tried to put it in vegas but it had a black background on the white arrow and yeah you can try keying out the black but its just easier in AE.

FabioFortune
Org Profile

Post by FabioFortune » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:59 pm

your english is good dude 8D, dont worry i understood everything you said and english its not my main language too ^.^
Really appreciate your help guys, i think i aleady know how to do it. Thank you! =)

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

In my opinion, a very bad effect. But nonetheless, I'm not really sure if it has a name, maybe I'd call it a slide. But what it is, is they got 2 video tracks, placed them in two different positions within a composition and just moved the camera from one to another. As for the arrow, it's pre-made stock footage that comes with an effects package called Evolution by Videocopilot.
Image Image

Return to “Effects & Techniques”