ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY!Please read thoroughly!Submission deadline
- Friday, January 13th, 2012 11:59 PM EST
There will be NO EXTENSION
beyond this date!
All entries MUST
be submitted no later then this.
Any entry arriving later will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!!
** If you know your entry will be a day or two late, you must contact me BEFORE the deadline passes. **
Contact the NSFW AMV Coordinator: email@example.com
for more information.
Please use Megaupload or any reputable upload site and send the download link to this email address.
There will be five categories this year:
2) Hentai (Extreme sub-genres like rape, bdsm, etc are HIGHLY
5) Shock The Audience
(ok so basically the point of this category is to gross, freak, or even offend the audience as much as possible without actually making them leave the room but at the same time making them want to ^.^ )
The audience will vote for the top videos in each category as well as Best in Show.
Other special awards include:
Once the deadline passes and we have all our entries, the AMV staff will screen them all to determine the field of finalists.
The screening will utilize a fairly strict scoring system.
Your entry must pass a quality check (sound clarity and video quality, mainly) and then it will be judged on several technical factors, although entertainment value is extremely important. No one on the screening panel will be shown or told the name / identity of any of the submissions' editors. Once all the numbers are in, the math will be done and the highest-scoring entries will pass on to the finals (posted within a week of the convention).
You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
It must accompany the download link in the email you send.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Full legal name
- Nickname / Studio name (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Title of AMV
- Song title(s) and artist(s)
- Name of source video footage
ALSO please attach the following to the info (for "legal reasons")...
"By submitting a video to the Katsucon 18 AMV Contest [or AMV NSFW Contest], I am representing that this video does not violate anyone's rights and that I own all copyrights in this video or have authorization to upload it."
Email me if there are any questions or concerns about this. I know it's an anomalous thing but I'm being told by those further up the chain this needs to be done.
No one likes having to deal with this stuff but you know...
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
Please name your files in this format:
video: “category - your name – video title.avi”
info: “category - your name – video title.txt”
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 fps -OR- 23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive scan)
- 48000 Hz audio (two-channel stereo)
The following formats will be accepted, provided that they meet the above standards:
Video (in order of preference):
- MPEG 2
- MPEG 1
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
0) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT
be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED
from the Katsucon AMV contest now and in the future.
1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.
2) NO BUMPERS or CREDITS will be permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals.
3) A maximum of three submissions per person, one per category, is allowed.
4) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5:30 minutes running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. Live action is allowed as long as your video remains mostly anime / video game. If you do use video game sources, make sure they are Japanese-produced. also i'd like to note that if any live action sex scene are used that they NOT
be personal footage. thanks ^.^)
5a) Submissions should be no more than 1 year old or close to it.
5b) Anti-trolling rules are in effect. Do not enter a video if it has won three major awards (best of category and best in show). If you enter several contests and your video wins its third award after the Katsucon submission deadline has passed, it will NOT count against you.
6) ** IMPORTANT!
** This contest will be viewed by an adult audience (18+) so HAVE FUN!. Absolutely sexual content, excessive violence, or profanity WILL
be both permitted and encouraged. Anything that is questionable (not to NSFW standards) will be shown to both the judging panel and coordinators for further review and will be moved to the main contest if applicable. The bottom line: coordinators have the FINAL WORD!
7a) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.
7b) Your video will be returned to you for alteration or disqualified if there are any logos, watermarks, or fan-produced or licensed subtitles - CHECK YOUR WORK before submitting! You ARE allowed to produce your own subtitles.
8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled-out submission form. (see above) We can't stress this enough!
9) All submitted materials become the property of Katsucon, and are non-returnable.
10) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.
(PROTIP: do not make AMVs with downloaded video or poor-sounding audio.)
11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show yet to be scheduled (although I'm pushing for late Sunday afternoon). If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Katsucon. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery.
12) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.
13) Katsucon is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.
14) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to make your entry suitable for screening, we will contact you as soon as possible.
15) All members of the Katsucon AMV Staff and judging panel are prohibited from entering this contest. They may still submit their videos to be shown during the non-competitive exhibition.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(NSFW) or email@example.com
(main contest) for more details.
Bring us your best and tell your friends who edit AMVs that we're up and running.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with this year ^.^