Guilty Crown

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
uncreative
Org Profile

Re: Guilty Crown

Post by uncreative » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:11 pm

kireblue wrote:I don't really like how convenient the voids are.
Spoiler :
Like really....the episode when they get attacked by dozens of misses, they just happen to find a void user with an impenetrable shield :roll:
It's almost as if
Spoiler :
Gai used his ability to see voids ahead of time and planned the whole thing.
Oh, wait...
Spoiler :
He did.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 pm

uncreative wrote:
Spoiler :
Like really....the episode when they get attacked by dozens of misses, they just happen to find a void user with an impenetrable shield :roll:
It's almost as if
Spoiler :
Gai used his ability to see voids ahead of time and planned the whole thing.
Oh, wait...
Spoiler :
He did.
Spoiler :
But then how did he know Arisa would be on the ship? Even if he knew she'd be there because she was the granddaughter of the head of the group Gai was trying to bargain with, how would he have known what her void was without first seeing her? Since he has to be able to see the person before he knows what kind of void they have. Unless he saw a photo and that works...then maybe...yeah. :uhoh:

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:14 am

AimoAio wrote:
Spoiler :
But then how did he know Arisa would be on the ship? Even if he knew she'd be there because she was the granddaughter of the head of the group Gai was trying to bargain with, how would he have known what her void was without first seeing her? Since he has to be able to see the person before he knows what kind of void they have. Unless he saw a photo and that works...then maybe...yeah. :uhoh:
Well, you answered your first question yourself.
Spoiler :
Why would you assume that he hadn't seen her in person before? I would assume that Gai spends a lot of time looking at people to scout out useful voids, particularly people who are important somehow or are near Shu on a regular basis. I imagine his sending Shu on that void-chase through the school was more for the purpose of getting Shu used to the idea than actually figuring out who saw him, since Gai usually seems to know everything about what's going on already.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:54 pm

uncreative wrote:
Spoiler :
I imagine his sending Shu on that void-chase through the school was more for the purpose of getting Shu used to the idea than actually figuring out who saw him, since Gai usually seems to know everything about what's going on already.
What do you mean by "Getting used to the idea"?
Spoiler :
It was to Teach Shu how to use his power, wasn't it? I mean, that was the theme of the whole episode. Think about it, Inori was sent to his school for only, what, 2 days? And what did she do? Teach him how to use the power. Gai basically killed two birds with one stone with that mission.
I mean no disrespect, Uncreative. But I don't think of Gai as an all-knowing and all-seeing mastermind. I really don't think he'd be so cruel as to
Spoiler :
Bring that girl out with him just to get blasted by a laser and die
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Ep 7

Not sure what to think about this one, I feel it was just random of sorts.
Spoiler :
What did Haruka mean we have to protect Shu? And why was she looking at that old photograph. I am also wondering about Inori and that other pink haired girl. Seems like everyone remembers her somewhat but Shu? Maybe there is something more special about Shu that we don't even know yet... : S

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Watching: EPISODE 7

First of all, my reaction to Gai's comment about Arisa:
Spoiler :
Armadil-lol :rofl:
x2

I mean, really...
Spoiler :
You're seriously gonna create a void that conveniently disintegrates missiles into a sparkly fireworks show just when a party on a cruise ship is going on? WHy not just pull out Gai's void and find out how the series ends? GAME OVER

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:13 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:
Spoiler :
a void that conveniently disintegrates missiles into a sparkly fireworks
Spoiler :
Those were fireworks to begin with, not missiles, if you actually were following what was said... It just happens that the void of the girl was a giant shield.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Spoiler :
Those were fireworks to begin with, not missiles, if you actually were following what was said... It just happens that the void of the girl was a giant shield.
:book: ...

:shock: ...

:sweat:oh...

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:52 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Spoiler :
A "tsun-shield" if you will. Or perhaps a "tsunscreen."

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 am

Tsunscreen®

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”