Want to delete a video but unable to.

heartofdreams
Org Profile

Want to delete a video but unable to.

Post by heartofdreams » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:06 am

I want to delete my Galerians Rion 'Breathe into me' amv that I did years ago. I try sending requests to get it removed but nothing shows that my requests are being sent.

I am appalled by how this site works and that you aren't even allowed to delete a simple video, which I would very much like to do. Could those in charge of the site PLEASE respect my wishes and delete the amv as I am unable to find contact details to e-mail you this directly.

This is the video I wish to delete.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=138814

Thank you for your time.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Want to delete a video but unable to.

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 am

Unless rules have changed, this is still a catalog site meant to preserve AMVs for all time. Deletion requests are generally ignored, as they run counter to the aims of the site.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

You should be able to see the deletion requests you have sent on this page (the same page you make deletion requests on)...though it wouldn't surprise me too much if that's broken.

About the deletion system, I'm afraid all I can really say is that it's just how the site works. Chances are that there is a better way to go about it, however, the chances of it being able to be changed are...significantly less.

I have a feeling that your complaints rest as much with the response time as with the existence of the deletion system in the first place. For the former, I can apologize. I'm the one who takes care of most of the deletion requests, and I usually handle most requests within a day or two. I let the requests slide last week because of my graduate studies and because of (American) Thanksgiving.

I have taken care of your request. If you want to talk more about it, please send me a PM.

For posterity, if you have an issue or concern regarding the site (or compliments...those are nice too) you can send an email to admin@animemusicvideos[dot]org. However, the more reliable method is to send a PM to one of the people listed here. Your best bet would be to contact either GloryQuestor or myself.

Also...
BasharOfTheAges wrote: Deletion requests are generally ignored, as they run counter to the aims of the site.
That part is not really accurate. I consider most deletion requests. Getting an entire catalog entry removed is rare because it runs counter to the site's aim. Local link removal isn't too uncommon (depending on the request), and "Denied" is the most common ("Denied" =/= ignored).
The only requests I really ignore are those that flat out lie to me...things like saying a video has never existed when there's a local link for the catalog entry.

heartofdreams
Org Profile

Post by heartofdreams » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:44 am

Kariudo wrote:You should be able to see the deletion requests you have sent on this page (the same page you make deletion requests on)...though it wouldn't surprise me too much if that's broken.

About the deletion system, I'm afraid all I can really say is that it's just how the site works. Chances are that there is a better way to go about it, however, the chances of it being able to be changed are...significantly less.

I have a feeling that your complaints rest as much with the response time as with the existence of the deletion system in the first place. For the former, I can apologize. I'm the one who takes care of most of the deletion requests, and I usually handle most requests within a day or two. I let the requests slide last week because of my graduate studies and because of (American) Thanksgiving.

I have taken care of your request. If you want to talk more about it, please send me a PM.

For posterity, if you have an issue or concern regarding the site (or compliments...those are nice too) you can send an email to admin@animemusicvideos[dot]org. However, the more reliable method is to send a PM to one of the people listed here. Your best bet would be to contact either GloryQuestor or myself.
Hey wait, the name of the amv didn't come up before on video, but now it is. I'll give it a shoot again since that might've been why nothing happened before. I'lltry now.

And thank you so much for getting back to me, I hope I didn't sound harsh, that deletion thingy really just gets on my nerves sometimes. I'm too used to youtube x____x

Anyway I'll try that thingy now. Thanks again.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 pm

heartofdreams wrote:Hey wait, the name of the amv didn't come up before on video, but now it is.
That was because you had already submitted a deletion request for the video. I'd have a lot more work to do if people were able to purposely submit multiple deletion requests.
heartofdreams wrote:I'll give it a shoot again since that might've been why nothing happened before. I'lltry now.
Nothing happened before now because I didn't handle deletion requests last week. Your request still appeared in my queue, and it should've appeared under "Deletion Requests Pending" on the page I linked to.
heartofdreams wrote: And thank you so much for getting back to me, I hope I didn't sound harsh, that deletion thingy really just gets on my nerves sometimes. I'm too used to youtube x____x

Anyway I'll try that thingy now. Thanks again.
You're welcome. I removed the local link on your video before you made the new deletion request, so there's not much more to do. I'll go ahead and deny the new request. If you'd like to talk with me about it, just send me a PM.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”