Last Exile: Gin`yoku no Fam

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Last Exile: Gin`yoku no Fam

Post by mirkosp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 am

Madman wrote:The descendants of the planet's evacuees have returned to a rejuvenated environment, now free from the pollution that drove them out so long ago. However, they now face a constant and ever-increasing conflict with the planet's neglected inhabitants.

On the eve of signing a historical peace treaty with Luscinia of the Ades Federation, princesses Millia and Lily of the Turan Kingdom are lured into a trap and attacked by Luscinia, ruthlessly provoking war. Left for dead, the princesses are intercepted by The Vespa, a Vanship piloted by our titular heroine, Fam Fan Fan - a member of the Sky Pirates.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Last Exile: Gin`yoku no Fam

Post by mirkosp » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:48 am

Aside than being worse than the original, this is worse than you could predict from it being GONZO in 2011. They still can't animate explosions, too.
Please do yourself a favor: skip on this one and rewatch the original, which is a pretty good show despite the slow pacing.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 am

mirkosp wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3199/73516.jpg
Madman wrote:
Did you already figured out I watched the Madman stream? :o I don't mind this as long as it has yuri later on since it's like an all female cast. Ep1 made me think that it would have worked better as an JRPG than anime though. As long as the new Dio doesn't get killed off stupidly like in the original series I'll say this is superior.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:28 pm

If the ORIGINAL was better, this anime must truly suck moby dick.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 am

this show is awkward, they are bringing back most of the characters from the original but at the same time they substituted steampunk for moe so it doesn't really feel like a Last Exile show.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:13 pm

OropherZero wrote:they substituted steampunk for moe
:rofl:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

I'm enjoying this so far. The original was fantastic this is definitley not as good as that.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 am

just caught up to ep18 in this. At first I didn't like it because it had a slow pace but now I prefer it over the original series, better world building, better characters and story, the only thing the original series did better was battle flashiness.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 am

trainwreck ending, what's bothering me though is why these cameos were in the ending
Spoiler :
wtf were the two main characters from the first series doing there? is this some of 'crossed dimensions' bs? Not that I care but that was so out of place
it like tries to make viewer think that the story of this is a sequel to the first show -_-

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”