Anyone into photography?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Taite
Org Profile

Re: Anyone into photography?

Post by Taite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes, indeed. Most the time I just practice by taking pictures of myself and editing them, since apparently everybody hates being in pictures. :?

Pictures I've taken of others and edited:
Spoiler :
Image <3
Pictures I've taken of myself and edited:
Spoiler :
Pictures I've had people use my camera to take of me and edited myself:
Spoiler :
Image Wish this one was bigger, but I lost the original file ):

Have hundreds more, so that's just a few.
Image Image

surfsama
Org Profile

Post by surfsama » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Taite wrote:Yes, indeed. Most the time I just practice by taking pictures of myself and editing them, since apparently everybody hates being in pictures.
Geez, they grow'em pretty in Colorado...
Hide the Cheese Whiz

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 pm

The close up of the eye with the eyelashes reflecting is a really awesome pic.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Taite wrote:Yes, indeed. Most the time I just practice by taking pictures of myself and editing them, since apparently everybody hates being in pictures.
Which is why I don't take many pictures of people. Great photos by the way :P the first one with the messy baby is great.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 pm

surfsama wrote: Geez, they grow'em pretty in Colorado...
Hahaha :) Thank ye kindly.
NS wrote:The close up of the eye with the eyelashes reflecting is a really awesome pic.
Thank you (: It's one of my favorites. Eyes are one of my favorite things to take pictures of, never gets old.
Pwolf wrote:Which is why I don't take many pictures of people. Great photos by the way :P the first one with the messy baby is great.
If I find someone who doesn't mind, I'm all over them haha. I like taking pictures of people, since there's so many things I can do with them. Luckily, I have a few good friends interested in it as much as I am, so it works out. Being in Colorado though, I find a lot of things in nature I can take pictures of too. Not so much in the way of animals, but still.
And thanks! I took a lot of pictures of that baby, he was adorable.

Here are some nature shots, but a lot have people. I have an entire folder that's all nature, can't seem to find it though.
Spoiler :
Image Image

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:00 pm

NS wrote:The close up of the eye with the eyelashes reflecting is a really awesome pic.
Thank you (: It's one of my favorites. Eyes are one of my favorite things to take pictures of, never gets old.
Pwolf wrote:Which is why I don't take many pictures of people. Great photos by the way :P the first one with the messy baby is great.
If I find someone who doesn't mind, I'm all over them haha. I like taking pictures of people, since there's so many things I can do with them. Luckily, I have a few good friends interested in it as much as I am, so it works out. Being in Colorado though, I find a lot of things in nature I can take pictures of too. Not so much in the way of animals, but still.

Here are some nature shots, but a lot have people. I have an entire folder that's all nature, can't seem to find it though.
[/quote]

Yeah, eyes are awesome. Have you seen like the HD pictures of eyes where they show the pupil and stuff in crazy high detail... the color part looks like spongy or a moon crater..
http://i55.tinypic.com/wvsmk7.jpg
That.

I also don't know why people don't like gettin pics taken. I think it's super fun being photographed or being in films.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm

NS wrote: Yeah, eyes are awesome. Have you seen like the HD pictures of eyes where they show the pupil and stuff in crazy high detail... the color part looks like spongy or a moon crater..
http://i55.tinypic.com/wvsmk7.jpg
That.

I also don't know why people don't like gettin pics taken. I think it's super fun being photographed or being in films.
I've taken a few close ups of eyes myself with my macro lens, but not with that kind of detail. That's crazy! Looks like something you'd see in space. That's an awesome picture. :P

And yeah, I agree completely. It's always more fun for me being behind the camera, but there's nothing wrong with just messing around and taking some pics, it's good times o:
Image Image

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Taite wrote:
I'm kinda the opposite, I don't know that many people who like to have their picture taken so I tend to go out and look at nature for my pictures. That said though, I think some of my favorites are the pictures i've taken of my little cousin and my step nephew. I think kids are the best because they really don't care all that much and you can get some really good candid shots of them.

I used to frequent a park i lived by and took pictures of the local squirrel population (various pictures in this thread). Unfortunately I moved farther away so I don't get the chance to go out there much and the area I'm in kinda sucks as far as nature is concerned. I need to visit more parks next time in CO. Just hope the weather is good :P

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 am

Pwolf wrote:I'm kinda the opposite, I don't know that many people who like to have their picture taken so I tend to go out and look at nature for my pictures. That said though, I think some of my favorites are the pictures i've taken of my little cousin and my step nephew. I think kids are the best because they really don't care all that much and you can get some really good candid shots of them.

I used to frequent a park i lived by and took pictures of the local squirrel population (various pictures in this thread). Unfortunately I moved farther away so I don't get the chance to go out there much and the area I'm in kinda sucks as far as nature is concerned. I need to visit more parks next time in CO. Just hope the weather is good :P
Yeah, I love kids, they're a lot of fun to photograph. :p I was going to say shoot, but that sounded wrong o_o

You have some very nice nature shots, your camera's great. Giraffes are my favorite animal though, so I liked that one picture a lot.
I live on top of a mesa that is the highest point in my town, so it makes it a great place for sky shots. There's a park just below too, but it's by no means a good place for nature shots haha. I mainly focus on the mountains.
Where in Colorado have you been? For some reason the weather is just crap on the eastern side, though usually it's the opposite. I'm used to Colorado's unpredictable weather, however.
Image Image

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:46 am

Taite wrote:Where in Colorado have you been? For some reason the weather is just crap on the eastern side, though usually it's the opposite. I'm used to Colorado's unpredictable weather, however.
I was in "The Springs" as you people might call it >.> and Denver for NDK last year and this year. Most of the pictures in that last batch I took were taken at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo when I was out there in September. Last year we went to the garden of the gods where I took this:

In the area of California where i'm at it's really flat and suburban so I like the openness and mountain terrain of CO.

Return to “General Discussion”