Frame Rates and Ghosting

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Frame Rates and Ghosting

Post by Eake4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 am

mirkosp wrote:It actually makes a lot of sense for it to have a lot of ghosting... the points in time which are represented by 23.976 and 24 do not match at all, since one is float while the other is integer, thus the blend.
But the best thing for you would be to assumefps(24) before editing and going on like that, I guess. Still, seems weird that it won't allow you to do 23.976...
Well if you put it that way i guess it would have some ghostings but i tend to render in 29.97 while i use photoshop to fix up some ghostings to make it look nicer. There would be much more ghostings in the Render but no ghostings after the photoshop process

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 am

Photoshopping to remove ghosting you introduced with the export? That's all useless work you go through, you could avoid it if you just disabled vegas' resampling.
Also, please do match source, timeline, and export framerate (as well as resolution).

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 pm

mirkosp wrote:Photoshopping to remove ghosting you introduced with the export? That's all useless work you go through, you could avoid it if you just disabled vegas' resampling.
Also, please do match source, timeline, and export framerate (as well as resolution).
It gets the work done at least, but i do export wthout Twixxtor as thus the ghostings increase

Return to “AviSynth Help”