iOS AMV .Org App

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: iOS AMV .Org App

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Kariudo wrote:ipod touch (2nd gen), iOS 4.2.1 (8C148)
If it helps, I also noticed low memory logs being generated (with OrgApp having ~16000 resident pages in memory)
Interesting, I'll look into the memory issue.

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:24 pm

O hey, neat. Getting.
I ain't not got no iPhone.

...wait
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:53 pm

iPod Touch 4th Gen iOS 5.0.1

Does not crash after closing and resetting iPod. Not RESTORING, just turning the iPod on and off. Still going strong. :up: :awesome:
Haunter103 wrote:I ain't not got no iPhone.

...wait
Haha lol, i remember somebody making that AMV before...LET'S LOOK FOR IT USING THE .ORG APP! :bzz:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am

First time I made a search it crashed, but after that it has worked fine (iPad 1st Gen iOS 5)
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:07 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:First time I made a search it crashed, but after that it has worked fine (iPad 1st Gen iOS 5)
Correction, every time I make a particular search the first time, it crashes, but if I make the same search again it goes through. Also, I know the A/V sync isn't good on the regular preview on the website, but this seems a bit more off than normal, audio seems roughly 200 to 300ms off...

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 pm

FYI: I've been working on the memory leaks and hope to have them ironed out so I can upload a new binary on Monday.
l33tmeatwad wrote: Also, I know the A/V sync isn't good on the regular preview on the website, but this seems a bit more off than normal, audio seems roughly 200 to 300ms off...
Not my problem :P

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Pwolf wrote:FYI: I've been working on the memory leaks and hope to have them ironed out so I can upload a new binary on Monday.
l33tmeatwad wrote: Also, I know the A/V sync isn't good on the regular preview on the website, but this seems a bit more off than normal, audio seems roughly 200 to 300ms off...
Not my problem :P
Sorry, I didn't structure that right, I was refering to the app having worse sync than the regular website.

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:36 pm

And i was saying that it's not my problem :P the sync is probably off because the apple hardware sucks >.>

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Pwolf wrote:And i was saying that it's not my problem :P the sync is probably off because the apple hardware sucks >.>
Not quite, it plays 720p files quite fine in sync, so I can hardly imagine it would be a limitation on such low resolution files. It is a software problem, but would I be correct in assuming the playback of the media is done by internal iOS feature that can be called by apps to decode supported media?

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Pwolf wrote:And i was saying that it's not my problem :P the sync is probably off because the apple hardware sucks >.>
Not quite, it plays 720p files quite fine in sync, so I can hardly imagine it would be a limitation on such low resolution files. It is a software problem, but would I be correct in assuming the playback of the media is done by internal iOS feature that can be called by apps to decode supported media?
The hardware can play 720p with no sync issues if the video was encoded using the correct specs for proper hardware playback. The videos weren't encoded with ipod/iphone playback in mind (as far as i know) so chances are, thats the reason for it. This is the same reason why older Android phones can't play videos but newer ones can, the hardware doesn't suck :P

Return to “General AMV”