iOS AMV .Org App

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: iOS AMV .Org App

Post by TEKnician » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Oh, and regarding the crash, I just closed the app, reset my iPod Touch (the Holding the home button and power button until the apple showed up) and it worked fine.

AWESOME JOB SCOTT!!!

Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Post by UpcomingDread » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Your amazing! :up:

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Awesome app man, i switched back to an iphone before i managed to update my android (it was really screwed up and my aunt just gave me her old iphone) so i've been waiting for this.

something that'd be cool for the future, have like a download link enabled if the user uploads an itouch/iphone compatible version, same with android for...er, android compatible versions. link what i mentioned here about a year ago, only now there's way more reason to i think!

idk, just an idea, great app, had the same problems as the others with the crashes though, for me i noticed i went "search, anime/song/artist/editor>go" and it crashed, then i went back and only specified editor, and it worked, got to the video safe and sound!

oh, and you probably already thought of this or got suggested this, but is there an OP writing feature on the way? or is that something best reserved for computer and tablets...?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 pm

gotegenks wrote:oh, and you probably already thought of this or got suggested this, but is there an OP writing feature on the way? or is that something best reserved for computer and tablets...?
Only star ratings and QCs at the moment.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

gotegenks wrote:something that'd be cool for the future, have like a download link enabled if the user uploads an itouch/iphone compatible version, same with android for...er, android compatible versions. link what i mentioned here about a year ago, only now there's way more reason to i think!
There is a big complication when it comes to downloading stuff on iOS devices as you can't just simple "store" it where it will show up with your other media files, it has to be synced in iTunes to get into your regular media library. When it comes to encoding for it, it also depends on your devices, all the current generation Apple Devices actually support Main Profile 4.1 with resolutions up to 1080p30, while most (not all) of the Android devices as well as last generation iOS devices still only support 720p30 as Main Profile Level 3.1 to my knowledge. At this point the programer will have to either figure out how to read the generation or type of device (if possible) and restrict what you can download (and on iOS I guess you would have to go TO the app to play them back as opposed to going to your regular media application), or just by default not allowing videos above a certain spec. Also, I don't think a-m-v.org even supports reading what profile and level a video is anyways.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Clearly, y'all are holding it wrong. ;)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

appleware: smooth marketing
touching is bad
:lol:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Whoever said "iOS apps work fine on all of their devices" needs to diaf.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new binary for review which has (imo) better crash reporting so I should be able to figure out what the problem is. For now, for those of you who are experiencing the crashes, can you provide me what device/generation are you using and what version of iOS you are on.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

iPhone 4 - iOS 5 (9A334)

Cashes only seem to happen when I'm signed in. But I have experienced the crashes searching myself and others.
ImageImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:57 pm

ipod touch (2nd gen), iOS 4.2.1 (8C148)
If it helps, I also noticed low memory logs being generated (with OrgApp having ~16000 resident pages in memory)

Return to “General AMV”