Endless Eight.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Endless Eight.

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:08 pm

So I was just watching me some Haruhi for the first time, and I eventually got to the Endless Eight Arc. Watched the first three, and pretty much couldn't take it anymore and read on the wiki if anything changes in the eps. Then skipped to the 8th one.
Now, I want to know; did anyone actually watch all 8 without skipping a minute?

uncreative
Org Profile

Re: Endless Eight.

Post by uncreative » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Yup. When it came out. The fan reaction was fantastic :3

Obviously, I didn't bother with subtitles for most of the middle episodes though. No need!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 am

I can see how most people dislike endless eight, however there were reasons for me to watch it completely and actually enjoy it, and I can safely say I wasn't the only one, considering that each Endless Eight DVD sold over 10k copies in Japan. But it sure was fun to see the haters rage.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 am

I watched most of ti in one sitting, because I randomly ended up as a secretary for a day and...it was that slow of a job, haha. I can totally understand the hate but I didnt think it was all bad. I never got around to watching the eps afterwards though.

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:10 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I watched most of ti in one sitting, because I randomly ended up as a secretary for a day and...it was that slow of a job, haha. I can totally understand the hate but I didnt think it was all bad. I never got around to watching the eps afterwards though.
You really should; The Boredom is definitely a worthwhile take on something you thought you already knew about.
mirkosp wrote:I can see how most people dislike endless eight, however there were reasons for me to watch it completely and actually enjoy it, and I can safely say I wasn't the only one, considering that each Endless Eight DVD sold over 10k copies in Japan. But it sure was fun to see the haters rage.
You and I appear to be on the same page on this one. I haven't gone back to watch it again on my DVDs, but I do own it.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 pm

I watched it a couple of times through, actually.
Under Construction

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Watched all 8. I felt so sorry for Nagato because she had to sit through the countless decades of the same shit over and over again. Thats probably why she's so emo :(

Still waiting on a third season.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 am

The_TEKnician wrote:Watched all 8. I felt so sorry for Nagato because she had to sit through the countless decades of the same shit over and over again. Thats probably why she's so emo :(

Still waiting on a third season.
It really did bring home the point. I think The Disappearance was stronger for having all of E8 precede it; with something shorter the source of the conflict would have been less clear.

A third season would be nice, though I'm not sure if it or K-ON are likely to get the third season first, since they've both had/will have two seasons and a movie by now. In the meantime, the Yen Press translations of the light novels are quite good and relatively inexpensive - looks like Volume 6 came out recently; I need to go get that. Actually, I've got a few bucks of gift codes laying around; I'll just get that now :awesome:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

I also watched it several times through. It certainly gives you an appreciation for what Yuki had to endure, and when you realize the outcome of it in Disappearance, it's like ooooooh shiiiii :O

And yes, season 3 where! I've yet to read the latest couple of novels, I wonder if there are any fan translations available....

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:12 am

Watched all 8. Must confess, the rage was the best part of Endless 8.

I guess I can be a real unsympathetic swine when I need to be.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Return to “General Anime”