Zarx264gui on a Mac...HOW?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Zarx264gui on a Mac...HOW?

Post by TEKnician » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:50 pm

how?

HOW?

HOW?!

Here's the situation: I am on a mac running most of the things in the AMVapp through Crossover. Avisynth makes me a nice AVI that I stuff into a .mov bun and and my NLE eats it up like a fat boy eats cake and craps out pure uncompressed gold (if you don't get it, Final Cut Pro keeps the nice quality video but HUGE .mov file). FCPX can compress to an mov at H.264, but makes it >100MB (and how many org users use quicktime)? I have MPEGStreamclip that can move it from .mov container to avi (but not straight to mp4 because it makes it shitty). But i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want Zarx264gui to work on my Mac because...it...can...squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze out a diamond log in a...fart-sized file. You know what i'm sayin'?

I'd be much obliged if someone knowledgable could explain the process to me.

P.S. All shits and giggles aside, my contingency plan is to re-encode the uncompressed 2GB AMV using MPEGStreamclip to an mp4 at H.264, 72% quality thus keeping an average 4-minute video down to around <90MB. BUt thats a little too close to what the .org allows.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui on a Mac...HOW?

Post by mirkosp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:08 am

The_TEKnician wrote:P.S. All shits and giggles aside, my contingency plan is to re-encode the uncompressed 2GB AMV using MPEGStreamclip to an mp4 at H.264, 72% quality thus keeping an average 4-minute video down to around <90MB. BUt thats a little too close to what the .org allows.
Org now allows 150MB for free users and 300MB for donators, so you should be fine. |:>

TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui on a Mac...HOW?

Post by TEKnician » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 pm

mirkosp wrote:Org now allows 150MB for free users and 300MB for donators, so you should be fine.
ImageWHOOOOOOP!!!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”