After Effects is screwing up my video quality?!?!

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Yorae
Org Profile

After Effects is screwing up my video quality?!?!

Post by Yorae » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:15 pm

I ripped my Cyborg 009 DVDs (bootlegs from Taiwan) and was ready for some editting. I cut a clip from an episode and saved it as a huffyuv. When I import the clip into After Effects the clip is all blocky and distorted.

Clip in Virtualdub:

Clip in After Effects

I am clueless why this is happening. I just imported the clip to AE without doing anything to it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: After Effects is screwing up my video quality?!?!

Post by mirkosp » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Tell after effects that your clip is progressive so it should not do any deinterlacing. Right click on the clip where you imported it and then see what it gives you (interpret footage or something, I assume).

PS: That bootleg looks pretty bad... give the idea of purchasing proper DVDs a thought, if you care about quality.

Yorae
Org Profile

Post by Yorae » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:53 am

mirkosp wrote:Tell after effects that your clip is progressive so it should not do any deinterlacing. Right click on the clip where you imported it and then see what it gives you (interpret footage or something, I assume).

PS: That bootleg looks pretty bad... give the idea of purchasing proper DVDs a thought, if you care about quality.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed :)

And yes, I agree that the quality is horrible. The problem with this particular series is that only the first eight episodes were released on proper DVD (dual audio), so I had to buy the rest of the series online. The Japanese DVDs are out of print for the later half of the series, which makes them rather pricy, so until I can save up enough to get the Japanese DVDs, this is the second best thing I have :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:57 am

Ah, I see, I was not aware about the situation of this series. Well, good luck, then. :)

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:18 am

Can always rent really old DVDs in Japan for almost nothing, or find someone to do it for you. There are a few good places that have obscure anime.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 am

Because I'm nice, http://www.recomints.com/webshop/139_2080.html

You will need someone in Japan to help you out though as like most other companies, recomints is xenophobic as fuck and won't ship to or even take orders from outside Japan. Cost is 10,500 yen or about $130 or 100 euro.

Return to “AviSynth Help”