Persona 4: The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Persona 4: The Animation

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Episode 4 was very enjoyable.
Spoiler :
I'm not minding it going slowly. I mean, we've now got the 4 main characters, so we will probably get more social links now. :3

Love the utilization of the wild card. They're really using a lot of great methods of bringing it out.

Still really loving how the characters get hurt alongside their personas. LOVE THAT.

Shadow Yukiko was definitely fun to watch. Actually, I really relate with Yukiko on a personal level. So this was really a personal battle for me, both anime-wise and in-game. Her character arc was one of my favorites. I loved the addition of the bird caged storyline. It was cute and really added to everything.

Loved the firey battles. The flame effects were really cool. Especially loved Pyro Jack making his absorption appearance. Very smart MC. Very smart. :up:

Although where was Bufu?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU CHIE?!?! >: |

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Ep 5
Spoiler :
I never finished Ai's Social Link and I chose Daisuke over Kou, so this was almost entirely new content for me. I thought they handled it pretty well, but Kou's side of things was a little rushed ("Hey, Yu, I totally trust you enough to tell you this all the sudden"). Considering they seemed to put two full S.Links into one ep, it was done pretty well.

How can Yu do so little and yet make me crack up more than anyone? hanging up the phone, His face in the photo at the end. Apparently the ringtone he had was from the game Catherine, which is kinda hilarious in hindsight.

I hope Kou and Ai don't just disappear after this, Id like to see them around school every so often. Maybe a weekend hangout like the games? It would be a shame if Daisuke was left out of things, but Yu already has the Arcana...

Kanji next week already? <3

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Ep 5:

It did feel like they sped through the social link pretty quick.Though it was quite nice to see this side of things rather than them always fighting shadows so it was a pretty refreshing episode! :mrgreen:
Spoiler :
Yu's face when his phone was ringing was priceless. :rofl: Since normally he rarely expresses any kind of emotion so seeing him all worried and nervous because of Ai was hilarious.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 am

I hope there is more Ai later on but I doubt it. I really like her final event in the game when you do it right and start dating her for real <3 I hope hope they do the rest of Kou's social link, it had a nice story to it but they've only touched on it in this ep.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:02 am

and yeah the Catherine game over music from Yu's ringtone was LOL

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:05 am

Glad to see you guys finding the same things enjoyable that I do, and ohh man, Kanji already? :D

The show's only 12 episodes?! Oh well...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:10 am

meleechampion wrote:The show's only 12 episodes?! Oh well...
Nope, it's 25 episodes. At least, according to anidb.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:51 am

Spoiler :
I really enjoyed Ep 5. Ai was one of my favorite social links, so I hope we see more with her. I personally liked soccor more than basketball, but I'm hoping when we "strengthen' the relationships, that translates into dealing with both guys problems.

Also, i love how poor MC kept getting dragged around by Ai. He really is too nice. AND LOL at the Catherine ring tone. That's oddly appropriate given his situation.

Can't wait till next week. :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:49 pm

And with ep 5, I'm officially dropping this. Luckily I didn't have high hopes to begin with.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:20 pm

mirkosp wrote:And with ep 5, I'm officially dropping this. Luckily I didn't have high hopes to begin with.
But but but Kanji D:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”