HOW DO I FIX THIS [other one?]

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: HOW DO I FIX THIS [other one?]

Post by TEKnician » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:11 pm

GOOD GOD, ITS SLOW. :shock:

but what am i gonna do, right? :book:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:13 am

The_TEKnician wrote:GOOD GOD, ITS SLOW. :shock:

but what am i gonna do, right? :book:
It's now slow when your using a MT version of avisynth and a processor with more than one core and/or multithreading 8-)
I use 6 cores and usually get average 20+fps with fft3d (even with moderately high settings), gradfun, and a spline36resize to 848,480 but 2-5 fps with single core processing for comparison.

If you got alot of rendering to do or converting you should give it a try. If you need help with MT refer to this page: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/MT_support_page

Then again pictures are louder than words.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm

AM I READING THAT CORRECTLY?
EvaFan wrote: Image
1212210.55 MEGABYTES???!!!!
SHIRLEY YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Naw, I edit with avs files since fps isnt a problem anyway. I was just getting a quick picture to show you the rendering rate. That was also rendering uncompressed. Would never render that big of a file just for editing.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:08 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:AM I READING THAT CORRECTLY?
1212210.55 MEGABYTES???!!!!
SHIRLEY YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS
That's what happens when you accidentally the whole dvd with no compression

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Kariudo wrote:That's what happens when you accidentally the whole dvd with no compression
Careful you don't a Higurashi DVD. You might Hanyuu's horns.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 am

Math-y answer: uncompressed video is: width X height X bit_depth X frame_rate x time_in_seconds = total_size_in_bits

So, the huge number is either a bad guessing algorithm that spouts answers before it really analyzes all the data coming out of the program (much like data transfer time estimations on older versions of windows) or: 10,168,759,117,414.4 bits / (848 x 480 x 32 x 23.976) = 32561.48 seconds = 542.69min = slightly over 9 hours of video from a single d2v file.

Realistically, a single DVD should only be 1/4 of that size.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Ya but I 6 whole DVD's into a single d2v for chobits. Thats why the file size is insane.

Also whats with out the verbs in sentences? Oh I what you guys there. :awesome:

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I skimmed over most of this because it's just :words: but anyway, there is an excellent blogpost around (although it's down right now) about the differences between grain and noise. Mosquito noise, dirt, actual noise, and whatnot are all characterised by off-colour (usually) blocks. The difference is in the size and location. Mosquito noise tends to cover a larger portion of the image but is very small, often just 1 or 2 pixels. Dirt can be either film dirt, or on digital footage that kinda crap you get in between 2 massive chroma differences or close lines, especially on the points of hair in anime. This is what you're seeing here. Regular/actual noise tends to cover flatter blocks of colour and is just off-colour pixels, usually caused by poor quantization and/or MPEG-2. Early digital anime (circa 2004-2006) has a lot of dirt, especially on hair and edges of bright clothing against blue or grey. Might have lots of actual noise too but that is more prevalent in MPEG-2 transport streams and other bitrate starved forms of that codec. Mosquito noise tends to happen on film or when incorrectly applied grain is quantized. It is very small though and not all that common, the term is usuallyused for dirt rather than actual mosquito noise, but it is important to know the difference so you don't trash it with the wrong filters.

tl;dr dirt is on edges of hair and bright colours, mosquito noise is almost impossible to see, other noise is on flat colours, grain is good for you, eat your vegetables

Return to “AviSynth Help”