The AMV Wars: Battle Youmacon 2011

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

The AMV Wars: Battle Youmacon 2011

Post by ngsilver » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:34 pm

The glorious event is nearly upon us. A grudge over a year in the making. A champion who is so confident and comfortable in his seat that not even he could beat himself. That's right folks, it's time once again for the gloves to come off and only one editor can be left standing on top of a mound of clipped footage! The AMV Wars: Battle Youmacon 2011 is finally upon us.

This year we will see our Champion (SailorDeath) take on his most formidable opponent yet!

Last year our champion defeated one CompetitionBrother, but this year can he overcome the grudge of the other whom vowed to topple the giant during last year's event? With nearly half the awards from Youmacon 2010's Music Video Contest under his belt will this Competition Brother be able to overcome the wit and editing prowess of our Champion who has held his title the longest out of any so far?

Will either of these editors actually be entertaining to watch edit for 2 hours straight?
Doubtful

Come join us at the event or (hopefully) via live stream as we witness the spectacle of these two editors duke it out! (info on the stream will be provided once available)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who do not know, The AMV Wars is an AMV Iron Chef Event style event. We pit two editors willing to torture themselves in our ring in order to make an AMV to a Theme chosen by our audience at the event. They each get to choose 1 source that they both can use while a 3rd secret source is not revealed to them until the event (and they must use that.) We let them edit in the most comfortable environment, their own NLE and system. Though we don't let them get too comfortable, after all, they are at the event for the audience's enjoyment. We'll poke them, prod them, make fun of their crashes, make lots of loud noise and dance and sing all around them all in the name of fun and distraction. The ones who come out on top have proven themselves by fire, the ones who fail could not stand up through the gauntlet.

Can SailorDeath once again come out on top? (no pun intended)

Join us at 1PM EDT this Saturday Nov 5th and find out.

Good luck CB, you're gonna need it....
ImageImageImageImage

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Re: The AMV Wars: Battle Youmacon 2011

Post by UpcomingDread » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 am

Good luck to CompetitionBrothers, i'll try to watch it online if i'm not busy this Saturday. 8-)

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: The AMV Wars: Battle Youmacon 2011

Post by AngelDragoon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:43 am

I've really enjoyed the AMV wars every year I've attended, so as soon as my friends and I are done with our masquerade appointment we'll be sure to attend! <3

Return to “AMV Contests”