Iron Editor at AnimeUSA 2011

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
VicBond007
Org Profile

Iron Editor at AnimeUSA 2011

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:08 pm

(This was formerly a recruitment thread so some posts may not make sense. Since then we have rebuilt it. We have the technology.)
Who?
Erika Thompson (NightMistress85) trades her guitar for a gun as she defends her turf from Zack Crenshaw (snapxynith).

What is this I don't even
Each contestant will have two hours to create an AMV that doesn't suck and adheres to the theme "WAR IS HELL". You can tell it's serious business by the size of my letters and having seen a few letters in your time.

How?
Each contestant will be given 5 anime sources, and all five must be used. Each contestant is allowed to cut their audio ahead of time and bring it with them to the event. They may bring multiple tracks if they so desire, as no audio will be provided during the event. In addition, each editor must use at least 1 second of the secret ingredient.

Sources:
Saikano
Sound of the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles
Code Geass
Strike Witches

When and Where:
2:30pm Saturday at AnimeUSA, in our new 100% bigger AMV Theater (who knew those magic pills that we got on the internet would actually work!)

Why:
Why not? Also there's a medal and stuff.
Last edited by VicBond007 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Jefferys
Org Profile

Re: Iron Editor at AnimeUSA 2011

Post by Jefferys » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:54 am

Well, I'd bite...but...

Yeah, I'll think about it. :-P
Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:59 pm

VicBond007 wrote:It's about that time!

After Erika Thompson kicked my butt last year, she'll need a new opponent for 2011. This year's theme is "War is Hell". The sources are as follows:
Valkyria Chronicles
Sound of the Sky (So-Ra-No-Wo-To)
Saikano
Code Geass
Strike Witches
(Awesome Secret Ingredient)

Actual episodes are TBD. Still ripping them.

Editing environment is Premiere Pro CS5 on Windows 7. Computer equipment is provided. Footage is pre-ripped.

If you've got some editing chops and want to prove 'em (and earn a free con membership badge!) PM me and we'll get you set up!
:D I think the editing bug is biting again!

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am

NightMistress85 wrote:I think the editing bug is biting again!
The editing bug has been biting me for years, but I've been applying enough salve to ignore that tender spot. I think my problem is that I've had the largest case of Creator's Block since 2004/5. :?

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:15 am

Jefferys wrote:
NightMistress85 wrote:I think the editing bug is biting again!
The editing bug has been biting me for years, but I've been applying enough salve to ignore that tender spot. I think my problem is that I've had the largest case of Creator's Block since 2004/5. :?
Well once you get over that, I predict epic levels of awesome. My issue is the freakin' Kindle/blogging distraction, and then the whole not watching new anime thing...

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 am

NightMistress85 wrote: My issue is [...] then the whole not watching new anime thing...
Actually, I was just double checking the source list and out of those, I have watched at least three of them in some fashion and I am quite ashamedly aware of a fourth one as well. I can probably say even with my limited editing portfolio/catalog, I could essentially give this round of Iron Editor almost a truly serious stab if I really wanted to. Unfortunately, knowing the whole of AMV staff for Anime USA probably would disqualify any possible bid for contention at the challenger's spot, but you never know... :uhoh:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:19 am

I heard through the grape vine they already have a competitor, they just haven't updated the thread.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:I heard through the grape vine they already have a competitor, they just haven't updated the thread.
Which is just as well; I'm already officially working the con via registration staffing this year anyway. Depending on when programming has plopped Iron Editor into the schedule, I probably would not be available to participate anyway. I saw Vic a couple days ago anyway and he was very coy regarding any specifics (although I hear pre-screening for the contest has yet to occur, so...yeah...this could be interesting...)

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Jefferys wrote:
NightMistress85 wrote: My issue is [...] then the whole not watching new anime thing...
Actually, I was just double checking the source list and out of those, I have watched at least three of them in some fashion and I am quite ashamedly aware of a fourth one as well. I can probably say even with my limited editing portfolio/catalog, I could essentially give this round of Iron Editor almost a truly serious stab if I really wanted to. Unfortunately, knowing the whole of AMV staff for Anime USA probably would disqualify any possible bid for contention at the challenger's spot, but you never know... :uhoh:
I've only see one and it's probably the one that you're ashamed of.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:33 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:I've only see one and it's probably the one that you're ashamed of.
WAR
ON
PANTS!
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Return to “AMV Contests”