IkkiconVI - AMV Contest, RESULTS!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Re: IkkiconVI - AMV Contest, Submission form Opened!

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 pm

I am uncertain how you still fail to see your inconsistency in regards to the rule, and I obviously can't spell it out without dragging other people into this.

I don't want you to reject videos you have already accepted, which is the reason I was initially loath to elaborate. Your other options are to either change the rule or remain a hypocrite.

I'm not submitting in either case, because the problem still remains that you are rude.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 am

Warlike Swans wrote:I am uncertain how you still fail to see your inconsistency in regards to the rule, and I obviously can't spell it out without dragging other people into this.
I think we can let the cat out of the bag here and point out that "Evangelion 0.22 - Shinji does (not) Mean Business" was made by both snapxynith and myself and it was accepted at San Japan (I think we missed that rule when glancing over them before submitting, lol...opsy?) and they apparently they didn't notice (despite it also being in the bumper screen...).

As for the rule itself, I can see how a huge MEP might be a problem, but I don't see why it should be a problem to have a 2-3 editor project accepted...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 pm

In most cases Multi-Editor projects normally turn out very well made and breaking well in the top 5 amv's in both Editors and People's choice winners from what I've seen. Thats why, at this point in time, I try and keep it single editor. Granted that we will eventually add multi-editor projects when we have the time in the schedule to do so. There is always time to change the rules & guidelines before releasing it to the public and opening for contest submissions. Ikkicons R&G will stay the same until next year, I don't like drastically changing things in the middle of open submissions. San Japan's R&G can be more tailored to meet what people would like before I release the R&G. If ya'll want Multi-editor submissions for SJ, I will gladly talk with the con-chair and see if we can make the necessary adjustments to the schedule to make room for them.

Keep in mind, the more categories I add, the less video's of each category I can air.

Example: If we have 3 hours (180 minutes) of programming in the schedule. 10 videos per-category at 5 mins (average) each = 50 minutes of videos times 4 categories = 200 minutes. Of course most AMV's will be less time but currently thats how we can calculate the maximum time allowed for each AMV. If I add more category's that would mean i would have to either A. Add more time to the programming schedule, B. Reduce the amount of videos shown in each category (From Top 12/10 to maybe Top 5) or C. (Add your own feedback)

I'm always open to discussion about the rules, and yeah I might be a little strict or kind of hard on people when enforcing them. But changes can always be made before the next contest. Please people, its you guys who make the show entertaining and fun for attendees, and quite honestly we respectfully give great prizes and awards (At San Japan's AMV contest) to the winners than other cons would.

In l33tmeatwad's case, what is done is done. I will not be mean and DQ him and Snapxynith, but it's an example of why in this case I would like keep it Single-editor Projects because I sent Snapxynith the trophy and not to l33tmeatwad. For multi-editors I would love to send each person a trophy for their hard work.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.
Past Full AFTV Episodes Available on Rumble & Odysee
Other Videos & Projects = Youtube
A UltraSonic Entertainment Production

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:14 pm

AnimeFunTV wrote:In most cases Multi-Editor projects normally turn out very well made and breaking well in the top 5 amv's in both Editors and People's choice winners from what I've seen. Thats why, at this point in time, I try and keep it single editor. Granted that we will eventually add multi-editor projects when we have the time in the schedule to do so.
...If you say so.... But if you're not allowing MEPs because you think they have an unfair advantage then why don't you have an anti-trolling policy?
AnimeFunTV wrote:n l33tmeatwad's case, what is done is done. I will not be mean and DQ him and Snapxynith
... Obviously you can't DQ them now in any meaningful way. I said I didn't want you to reject videos you had already accepted because you have very obviously made an exception to the rule again this contest, and I don't want those editors penalized because I choose to call you out.

My problem isn't inherently with the rule but with your inconsistency in applying it.

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

After talking with Proz this weekend, we've decided that we may begin allowing MEP's starting with San Japan 5. The final details of it will be ironed out by the turn of the year.

Talking about inconsistency, it normally happens with ikkicon. I have much less control with ikkicon and changing things takes days, if not weeks in Ikkicon's part. So any changes I have to announce things either in the beginning or mid-day through the contest. Its also somewhat frustrating that I gave them the information about a month after SJ4, and they didn't post the AMV submission form & rules till about a month ago.

In Warlikes case, during SJ's AMV contest I was very consistent with the rules in which she submitted a video because that video was not just the only one that had to inform them about the rules & guidelines. She respectfully withdrew her entries after I asked her if she had any editing help with her video's. So in Ikkicon's contest I decided to clarify a bit more in rule 2 were its okay to have critique from friends & family, just as long as you are the sole editor; and in rule 4 were you have to have bumper credits either before, or after the AMV to the Musical Artist, Song, Anime, & Yourself shown in the AMV, is now only recommended to see if that helps with submission entries.

Changing the rules & guidelines from con to con isn't bad, it actually says we are listening to you all and making the proper adjustments to help you all. If something isn't working, you change it to make it work for the better.

I do agree that my emails may have been blunt, it was not intended to be rude. My apologies to Warlike if they may come off that way. I maybe should have used Italics than using all caps to emphasize something that was very minor.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:58 pm

AnimeFunTV wrote:In l33tmeatwad's case, what is done is done. I will not be mean and DQ him and Snapxynith, but it's an example of why in this case I would like keep it Single-editor Projects because I sent Snapxynith the trophy and not to l33tmeatwad. For multi-editors I would love to send each person a trophy for their hard work.
Umm...well our collab video didn't win, snap's solo project was the only video that won something, lol...

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
AnimeFunTV wrote:In l33tmeatwad's case, what is done is done. I will not be mean and DQ him and Snapxynith, but it's an example of why in this case I would like keep it Single-editor Projects because I sent Snapxynith the trophy and not to l33tmeatwad. For multi-editors I would love to send each person a trophy for their hard work.
Umm...well our collab video didn't win, snap's solo project was the only video that won something, lol...
You're right. I had to look back and see what videos got the trophy awards. ^.^;;

Even if it did, I would have not known it was a collab video. :/

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

Just an FYI, Ikkicon website & AMV contest submission form is down at the moment (11-15-11 @ 8:54am Central Time) It should be back up later this afternoon. I will keep ya'll informed.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 am

Is it still only that many submissions (as shown in the second post last updated Nov 6th)?

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Is it still only that many submissions (as shown in the second post last updated Nov 6th)?
No, we had a few entries before the site went down, I'll update it by the end of the day as well.

Return to “AMV Contests”