Persona 4: The Animation

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Persona 4: The Animation

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:01 pm

And also:
Spoiler :
Image:
<3 :ying:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:51 am

Spoiler :
GAAAAAH. Why no sports team s-links yet?! That was my favorite one. ;___;

OH Yukiko Shadow. W Y SO PERVY. XD

I also LOVE the sarcasm that the MC has with his ridiculously serious attitude. "I'm Crying" [POKERFACE]. "I wish I'd taped it..." [POKERFACE].

Oooooh Yosuske... You and your stupid weapons display. The headdesk of that action [even in the game] is ridiculous. >_<

Again, I'm enjoying the realism that the personas do all the fighting. Because I seriously never bought that golf clubs could do all that kind of damage. Even in video game logic, that's stretching it. >_<

And poor Chie.... I never really understood her inner shadow's problem, but this anime really did a much better job of portraying this. And again, great shadow battle. I really liked how hurting the personas really hurt their owners. That makes sense, considering that they're both the same thing.

I also have to really give MC some credit. Notice how he didn't do much to hurt the real shadow during the confrontation? He gave Chie time to really confront herself.

WILD CARD. OH HELL YES. <3 But Shadow Chie isn't weak to fire. >_>; oh well, I'll forgive it. Pyro Jack hurts. Glad to see Izanagi sticking around though. XD
But anyway, I'm looking very forward to seeing next episode's mission and possibily
Spoiler :
Shadow Yukiko...
Seriously hope we see more social links soon though. Although if the ending animation is any sign, it's probably one per episode, with the exception of a few when they probably double up.

. XD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 am

ep4 = using Pyro Jack against Yukiko's shadow... ooook, I was expecting Jack Frost, ho! Anyway I'm confused as to how Yu was able to use a strength persona when they haven't down the social link for that yet, unless briefly talking to the basketball guy counts.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 am

done*

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 pm

OropherZero wrote:ep4 = using Pyro Jack against Yukiko's shadow... ooook, I was expecting Jack Frost, ho! Anyway I'm confused as to how Yu was able to use a strength persona when they haven't down the social link for that yet, unless briefly talking to the basketball guy counts.
Yeah me too. Or doesn't Chie's persona use ice? Would have been nice to see that instead of fire vs fire. :( But I'm really hoping to see some social link stuff soon, I'm getting a little bored of this "rejecting and accepting your other self" thing. Even though it's like essential for the characters. I can't wait to see Kanji and Naoto though! ^^ XD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 pm

isn't the next ep about Ai and basketball guy?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:10 pm

OropherZero wrote:isn't the next ep about Ai and basketball guy?
I did see a bit of basketball guy in the preview but I didn't know the girl was Ai. :uhoh: She wasn't really a character that stuck out to me much in the game. (and I didn't max her link either LOL)

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:49 pm

OropherZero wrote:ep4 = using Pyro Jack against Yukiko's shadow... ooook, I was expecting Jack Frost, ho! Anyway I'm confused as to how Yu was able to use a strength persona when they haven't down the social link for that yet, unless briefly talking to the basketball guy counts.
Wasn't Ara Mitama supposed to be Chariot?

And clearly...they're saving Jack Frost for P3: The Animation :ying:
Wasn't as fond as this ep as I have been the other, but I was never super into Yukiko in the first place so that might be the reason?

I agree they kinda missed an opportunity with Chie's ice skills, I would have LOVED to see her put out all those flames and then save Yukiko.

Is Yu going to have to give a speech to every person he saves? Mix it up a little more, at least have Yosuke chime in too.

I do like how they're using the Wild Card ability, it's being integrated pretty well.

Hyena Yukiko, now that I like XD

I guess this might be out first ep without some exciting battles, huh? I like Kou Ichijou and Daisuke - and not just because they remind me of Ken Ichijouji and Daisuke from Digimon. No.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Quotes are not spoiler tags, just so you know.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

so, been playing the game little by little over the last 2 weeks, got past Kanji's battle (that will definitely be...interesting to see in the anime). I then decided to watch what was in the anime so far to compare the two. my first couple reactions were:
1. They definitely made this anime for fans of the game, so many things taken directly from it
2. This series is super fast paced, they did in 4 episodes what took me almost 2 weeks to do in the game (granted they pretty much skipped most of the extra social stuff you do).
Spoiler :
Cracked up at the part where shadow Yikoko finished her TV speech and he's like "I wish I had taped that" lol

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”