Mirai Nikki (2011)

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Mirai Nikki (2011)

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Wow, psychotic Yandere Stalker FTW
Spoiler :
I gotta say Yuno is my favorite character so far. It's just that here character type is pretty so fresh among all the nadeshiko, tsundere and ojou-sama stereotypes that fill most series. She's a complete nut job (blowing up half the school because they're willing to sacrifice Yuki) but somehow still awesome.

btw, where the heck did the bomber girl pull that motorcycle from? I don't think having an escape diary really explains that lol.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 am

Its only on its 2nd episode, but Yuno is getting close to replacing Rena (from Higurashi) as my all time favorite yandere. (and that's saying a LOT since I absolutely love Rena).
Jasta85 wrote:Wow, psychotic Yandere Stalker FTW
Spoiler :
I gotta say Yuno is my favorite character so far. It's just that here character type is pretty so fresh among all the nadeshiko, tsundere and ojou-sama stereotypes that fill most series. She's a complete nut job (blowing up half the school because they're willing to sacrifice Yuki) but somehow still awesome.

btw, where the heck did the bomber girl pull that motorcycle from? I don't think having an escape diary really explains that lol.
Spoiler :
in terms of the motorcycle, she could have hidden it behind the school, and quickly gotten it during the smokescreen. Its not really a big stretch.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

Jasta85 wrote:Wow, psychotic Yandere Stalker FTW
Spoiler :
She's a complete nut job (blowing up half the school because they're willing to sacrifice Yuki)
That part was just awesome, I was like "woah....extreme." but that's what makes her awesome in this show. :up:

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Yuno is pretty much the iconic Yandere character type at the moment Rena is a close second. They are finally getting to the good parts of Yuno ( she really is the only reason I am keeping up with this show)
They are still getting their but the glaring bad cg is bothering me a lot! Still I don't care for Yuno's VA though she is starting to grow on me like a bad tumor. May still continue, but the show is slowly becoming a shadow of the manga in my eyes.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Finally saw the first episode and I LOVE it. It was a bit rushed still [So is every show's first ep this season], but great art and a promising story. Cant wait to see ep 2.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 am

I'm sad about the ending of episode 3.
Spoiler :
I supported their relationship so much. If only he had never opened that door, they could have lived happily ever after. Yuno really should have done a better job at hiding those bodies.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:08 pm

This whole series is so wack that I didn't even have time to feel sad lol, so much has happened in just 3 eps, all I know is I'm sticking with this series to the end, just hope it doesnt end up having a sucky ending

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 pm

I ended up reading the manga this week. Not sure if I'll watch the series, but I'll give a few things in it a look, just to see how some of the things were animated. It's not bad or anything! But it honestly just goes way, way over the top and gets more difficult to follow over time. Not strictly in terms of plot (though it does get pretty ridiculous), but it just keeps pushing the "depressing" and "fucked up" buttons at a steadily increasing pace...

Yuno is an awesome character, but
(warning manga spoilers!!!)
Spoiler :
after a certain point it just gets difficult to sympathise with her - somewhere between when she kidnaps Yukiteru (yeah, we get it, you're yandere but what the fuck) and the point where she very obviously turns against everyone (except possibly Yukiteru) and just becomes this depressing black hole that eats up almost the entire last half of the plot by wrecking everything.
Yukiteru also
Spoiler :
gets really difficult to sympathise with after a certain point. He starts off as a pretty bleh character - a classic spineless MC, and he grows any spine far too late. And by the time he even does that, he's already done a whole bunch of stuff in cold blood that makes him hard to like.
Minene, on the other hand, stays pretty cool :up:
Spoiler :
Although the whole thing at the end... nyeeehhhh, seemed like that was just a plot device to stall Yuno for just a little longer. They didn't need to bring her back.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Alright, checked out the anime adaptation - yup, actually it's pretty much what it needed to be, at least judging from the first ep. The pacing for the first episode is totally faithful to the manga, it really is pretty frantic like that. Everything seems to be pretty much scene-by-scene to the manga; everybody sounds exactly or almost exactly like I thought they would (I find it especially hilarious for a couple of characters like Deus and the little kid diary holder - they sound totally like they did in my head while reading the manga). The bad CG does indeed irk me in some places, like Deus for example. On the other hand, the manga was really not that well drawn either, especially in early sections, so it evens out - the drawing quality here otherwise is really good.

Where I think it'll probably let down compared to the manga is in the department of good ol' ultraviolence. I just don't see a TV anime getting as graphic as the manga does in places.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Otohiko wrote:Where I think it'll probably let down compared to the manga is in the department of good ol' ultraviolence. I just don't see a TV anime getting as graphic as the manga does in places.
They already said the TV air has scenes completely cut out which will be put back in the BDs. Many assume it's going to be the most violent shots and stuff alike. :nose:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”