2 types sought girl gets the guy, and shows past high school

Sukunai
Org Profile

2 types sought girl gets the guy, and shows past high school

Post by Sukunai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 am

Rather than two threads, I will just ask for both simultaneously. Please indicate which type in examples.

Ok I enjoy shows where the girl eventually gets the guy.
I want to make a point clear here though, I said gets the guy, not fucks him constantly in each episode.
I'm looking for shows like Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (A Bridge to the Starry Skies). Clean, no real fan service. I want nice romance dramas, not hentai content silliness.

I don't mind how old the show is, as I haven't seen everything.

I'm also looking for shows where the cast progresses through high school and they actually continue the show post high school for more than just a couple of eps.
Currently enjoying Itazura na Kiss (even though Irie kun is such a total jerk hehe).
All I have experienced for the most part is Clannad Afterstory for this sort of show with post high school content.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Re: 2 types sought girl gets the guy, and shows past high sc

Post by UpcomingDread » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Have you seen Rumbling Hearts?

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Hmm no actually that one is not known to me.

I will look into it.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

UpcomingDread
Org Profile

Post by UpcomingDread » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 pm

It has both of the things you want to see in it, story is pretty sad though. Either way it is pretty good and you'll probably enjoy it.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

romances that last past the high school phase are pretty rare lol. you named the only two I could think of

here are some other romances in which the girl gets the guy

Ai Yori Aoshi - bit old, starts off really promising as a romance, then sorta devolves into a harem anime with a few switchbacks to the original romance
lovely complex - takes the whole series but the couple does end up sticking together in the end
Darn, kind of out of ideas after that. I'm going to throw in Ah my goddess just because in the manga at least Keichi finally grows some frickin balls to say he loves belldandy, don't know if that really counts though as the actual romance in that series is usually drowned in the comedy aspect

now that I think about it, there's kind of a lack of series that actually end on a solid note as far as romance, so many ambiguous endings.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks for the offerings, have Ai Yori Aoshi and Ah My Goddess on dvd nice series. Lovely Complex I don't think I have that one though.

Watched ep 01 of Rumbling Hearts and looks promising.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 pm

high school life and beyond...

Amidst my anime arsenal, 5 Centimeters Per Second fits the best. AND IT'S MAKOTO MOTHER-F***IN SHINKAI! However...
Spoiler :
the girl doesn't get the guy. Actually, everyone loses. Even you...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

uncreative
Org Profile

Post by uncreative » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 pm

I was going to say
Spoiler :
Kimi ni Todoke
but then was thinking about it and decided that Uchuu no Stellvia's romantic subplot fits nicely. Sure, it's mostly a sci-fi school-in-space show, but she gets the guy pretty early and then they spend a fair bit of time trying to figure out what that actually means.

Return to “General Anime”