Been Working On New Script. Need Minor Help. B&A Images Inc.

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Been Working On New Script. Need Minor Help. B&A Images

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:31 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
EvaFan wrote:Why not just mess with the saturation settings in tweak untill you like the colors yourself?
How would I go about doing this? Messing with the settings?

Tweaking it to 1.0? 1.2?

Still learning.
you do realize that "messing with the settings" really is what the vast majority of people do, right? it's not some mystical knowledge that if you stare just right, comes to you in a flash. It's all just trial and error. Once you have a basic understanding of what types of functions do what, requests like this thread really come off as "i don't want to waste my precious time figuring values out, somebody do it for me" even if that isn't your intention.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Tweak

Lazy:
Tweak(hue=x,sat=x,bright=x,cont=x)

If you don't intend to change one of them just take it out.

Example:
Tweak(sat=1.1) increases saturation very slightly. Saturation is 0-10 with 1 being no change and 0 being grayscale.

Brightness and hue have different maximum variables on the positive and negative end and their defaults are 0.0. For example since brightness's maximum is 255, your going to see very little change by increasing it to 0.1 whereas saturations cap is 10 so +.1 is likely still noticeable. IMO you should never have to mess with hue or contrast for anime sources.

Of course you could find all this out by taking a few mins to read http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Tweak
You can get general help with alot of plugins there.

The only problem with using tweak is that the whole source is effected. If your unsure whether or not this is a good idea just do it in your editing program so you can decide what scenes and when you want it. If your unhappy with how the source looks as a whole then just use tweak.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:09 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
EvaFan wrote:Why not just mess with the saturation settings in tweak untill you like the colors yourself?
How would I go about doing this? Messing with the settings?

Tweaking it to 1.0? 1.2?

Still learning.
you do realize that "messing with the settings" really is what the vast majority of people do, right? it's not some mystical knowledge that if you stare just right, comes to you in a flash. It's all just trial and error. Once you have a basic understanding of what types of functions do what, requests like this thread really come off as "i don't want to waste my precious time figuring values out, somebody do it for me" even if that isn't your intention.
Like I said I have been reading the guides to do it myself, I'm just confused at how it all works. It's hard for me to get some things. So sometimes further explanations are needed. I'm actually making an attempt to learn this myself, just some help is needed, explanation wise.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:53 am

Unrelated even tho I think tweak is terrible and that projectors at cons tend to oversaturate if anything so being a bit flatter may give a better result; lanczos was NEVER deprecated or outdated. It is an alternative to spline that, like bilinear/bicubic/sinc/point resize filters, has it's own use case and good reasons for that. Spline filters do give a better result for most footage, but there are most definitely good reasons for lanczos filtering. I also saw that some joker mentioned that lanczos4 is deprecated? I'm not sure if you have any idea where these numbers come from but lanczos itself is an alias to alnczos3, and is roughyl equivalent in samplepoints to spline9, while lanczos4 is equivalent to spline16. Spline filters do give you more sharpness, and less ringing and whatnot, but that doesn't mean the alternatives are old or forgotten. I can think of almost a dozen reasons for most of them.

tl;dr lanczos isn't deprecated, it just doesn't give the result most people want for anime

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 pm

If you really wanna do some advanced color changes I'd just tell you to take it into Vegas or AE.
Image Image

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm going to save that snapshot of the original there and I'll be back when I finish doing my stuff to it.
Image Image

Return to “AviSynth Help”