Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [Final Due: Oct

Post by AimoAio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I actually quite like the bloody font. :sweat: But those fonts FadingSun suggested are pretty nice so I'll be snagging a few for my personal use, thanks. ;)

kireblue, as for the colouring, you could maybe try something like this:
Spoiler :
You don't have to do it in After Effects since most editing programs will have the colour curve tool. What to do is to duplicate your layer. Add a mask to the first one(this will be the frame). And then add the colour curve effect onto the non-masked layer. Lowering the RGB/Red/Green curves and increasing the Blue curve will it gives it a blue-ish colour. This will make the curtains look a dark navy blue. You can also copy this effect onto the frame layer but adjust the settings separately so the footage in the frame doesn't look as blue as the background or add the contrast and other stuff you want so it remains independant from the other layer.

Another good way to make everything look darker(you could add this to photo scene) is to simply add a black oval or circular mask/cookie cutter on a black media generator and set the feathering quite high so it gives it a blurred black border. Lowered brightness and increased contrast settings can also help set a dark atmosphere.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I personally LOVE the bloody text. Adds that fear factor in my opinion. :up:

Although the fonts FS suggested are nice too, I just really loved the dark red contrast/blood that it had with the rest of the footage.

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Aaaaaand full beta is uploaded! Finally orz

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 pm

AllyKatAVR: Wow, the ending was awesome! :awesome: I really like it but the beginning is slightly lacking some impact. Maybe just some light flashing? Just to emphasize the beats a bit. Also I was going to suggest darkening or sharpening the contrast of the footage slightly since you did that for the ending and it looks great. Though maybe not as sharp or dark as the ending. ;) Otherwise I think it's ready to be a final. ^^

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 pm

It was just a suggestion ;3. It only is my opinion that it was possible it could look better with a different font, and even if the bloody font isnt quite to my liking it does fit the MEP ^_^. And no problem Aimo xD.

Allykat: I think your part is awesome! Very creepy! I agree with Aimo, your part could look better if you make it darker. Contrast wil intensify the colors, so that might be an idea :3. About the beats, I think your part looks really nice, but you could try to hit the beats while making scene changes. You do that a few times, but sometimes your timing is a bit off, for example at 0:01, the scene change from the riding bus to the car that got hit is off. In the middle of your part you are following the lyrics, and it looks good, but if you hit the bits while following the lyrics it could look even better. 0:30 the timing is perfect, but after that the timing is a bit off too.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:51 pm

I just remembered that we never decided on a name for the MEP. What did all of you think of my suggestions of "Progressive Nightmare", "Lucid Nightmare" or "Recurring Nightmare". I kinda like the nightmare idea because it can be interpreted as every individual track being a different nightmare within the picture frame.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:09 pm

I was personally thinking between the following:

Trapped in the Night: The Halloween MEP
Lucid Nightmare: The Halloween MEP
Forever Gone: The Halloween MEP

I'll let ya'll vote from those. Or you can submit a "write-in" if you'd prefer. We'll go with majority rules.

Ally, I agree with the statements that FS and Aimo made. I'd like to see the beginning with just a little more kick to it, and perhaps some color adjustments that Aimo/FS suggested. Other than that, it's ready for a final status in my opinion. :up:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Oop sorry I havent been on, school sucks.

Beta looks great, Ally =3

ANd @FS: Sorry I didnt see your message. I don't think I'll have any time to change what you told me to though. But some of the clips are the eps themselves where you said.

And I'm kinda going for Lucid Nightmare, myself.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:13 pm

I like Lucid Nightmare. ;)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh I forgot to vote. I also vote lucid nightmare. :3