Zarx264gui 2.0 final

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui 2.0 beta - feedback wanted

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:53 pm

CodeZTM wrote:lavf [warning]: video decoding failed on frame 0
The Lagarith decoder in libavcodec only supports YV12 files, and will fail with that exact error if you give it anything other than YV12. The error is coming directly out of x264's LAVF input module. Short of that decoder being fleshed out more, it's not going to resolve the issue.

If you force it to use --demuxer avs and it works, that's because it's using the normal Lagarith VFW decoder and thus has no issue with other colorspaces, same as if you were giving it a regular AviSynth script using AVISource().

If MediaInfo is used for more than just simple reading, then I'd imagine the workaround would be either:
A) If it detects the file as Lagarith, force the use of --demuxer avs

B) If it detects the file as Lagarith, and 4:2:0, pass it through; anything other than 4:2:0, then force --demuxer avs (although this has the possibility of being non-consistent if there are any fflagarith-centric decoding quirks...I don't know how it treats nulls)
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

I'd like to throw in for a processing queue being useful. I don't normally have multiple videos to batch encode, but I do often have several combinations of settings i'd like to try before I settle on which one has the best quality/size ratio for a given video or for tweaking settings to reduce problems not noticeable before encoding that the encoding process can make worse - like banding. Lack of any sort of preview makes this necessary to get within the 100MB limit with HD videos.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'd like to throw in for a processing queue being useful. I don't normally have multiple videos to batch encode, but I do often have several combinations of settings i'd like to try before I settle on which one has the best quality/size ratio for a given video or for tweaking settings to reduce problems not noticeable before encoding that the encoding process can make worse - like banding. Lack of any sort of preview makes this necessary to get within the 100MB limit with HD videos.
In cases like that I usually export as a .bat file, then copy/paste the settings on successive lines, modifying each line as necessary:

Code: Select all

"x264.exe" --crf 20 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf20.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 19 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf19.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 18 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf18.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 17 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf17.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
"x264.exe" --crf 16 --preset veryslow --tune animation --acodec mp3 --aquality 4 --output "outputvideo_crf16.mkv" "inputvideo.avs"
Pause
Then, when I run the .bat file, everything is done line by line.
So, without creating a GUI or anything, I suppose the easiest way to add "queue functionality" would be to write new lines to a master .bat file instead of creating a new .bat each time.
It sounds easy enough to implement, but then again, I don't know c# .Net
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm

It would be more efficient if the program did all the batch stuff for you :P In all seriousness tho, that's what I would do (make a batch file with all the command line options). I did look at the code and made a rough implementation for Alan to start with if we wants to add it into the program. Would definitely be nice to have.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Alright, thanks to pwolf's help, I will be adding batch support soon.

I also want to point out that the mp3 encoder in this version has some serious bugs, and I don't recommend using it for actual videos unless you THOROUGHLY listen to the output and verify that it contains no errors.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:One thing I noticed is it creates the "settings.xml" file in the same directory as the input. Previously it was in the same directory as Zarx264gui.exe, which I liked more since it is out of the way.
Are you sure about this?
It should still put the settings in the folder of the exe.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Also, let me know what kind of features you would like added.
hi10p profile? |:>

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:One thing I noticed is it creates the "settings.xml" file in the same directory as the input. Previously it was in the same directory as Zarx264gui.exe, which I liked more since it is out of the way.
Are you sure about this?
It should still put the settings in the folder of the exe.
hmm...
I guess it only happens when I drag & drop my video onto the .exe file itself.
It works fine when I open Zarx264gui.exe, then drag & drop my video into the program.
It also works fine when I d&d onto a shortcut.
...so it's not a huge deal, just something to be aware of I guess.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Ok, here is a new beta version:
http://amvhell.com/stuff/zarx264gui/Zarx2-beta2.zip

Changes:
- Adds "-zarx264gui" to the filename less often (to prevent conflicts with existing files)
- The output log now displays everything exactly as if you were running from the commandline. All output is captured.
- Demuxer selection in the advanced options
- If "auto" demuxer is selected, and the input is detected as lagarith, it will use "avs" demuxer even if "auto" is selected. (to prevent hundreds of error messages)
- Batch processing support. Warning: it doesn't care if you overwrite files.

Please give the batch support some testing and see if everything is working as expected.
Also please note that mp3 audio is still buggy in this version. It will hopefully be fixed soon.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Batch support is pretty neat :up:

(As long as I remember to rename each output file with a different name :P)

Just as a suggestion, maybe there can be an option to append certain encode settings to the end of the filename like "AMV_crf20.mp4" That way, output filenames could be generated automatically. But either way, I really dig the batch support right now. :D

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”