Science: Poetry in Motion [Steins;Gate AMV]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Re: Science: Poetry in Motion [Steins;Gate AMV]

Post by Cross/fade » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:35 am

diegao94 wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:I knew my AMV life was missing something this year...

A Cross/Fade release! <3
This. :ying:

As I said in the opinion, good job man, nice one again. :)
Yeah, thank you very much for it ! Glad you enjoyed it more or less.
-MD wrote:Not to shabby hehe. I agree, you should make another vid this year.
YOU should make a video and release it :3
Kosmit wrote:Pretty good for a first AMV thise year :ying:
It was my first one. It was a bit painful but now I'm an adult.
ibabrak wrote:That's just sick :awesome:
Good job mate, pretty hilarious :)
Thank you. If you laughed ... it's all good :D.
MimS wrote:This is totally Okabe hahaha

I liked this !
Hahaha yeah, Okarin is my new favorite male character I think. This song is as random as he is.
JCD wrote:I just can't help to post the front view of the scene at 1:52...
Spoiler :
... pretty much my reaction.

Awesome job. Enjoyed it alot.
Seemed like that banding came from the crunchyroll releases of the show. Please do remaster once BluRays are out :o

And ahrg that credits song - is it irony that I first heard it when I was in Poland? I GUESS NOT! KURWA!
That short scene in the AMV took ages to make because of Kurisu hair .... and it's still not perfect.

Anyway, glad you liked the amv AND now a better version is available. That doesn't change the fact I will make a remastered version one day.

I hope you weren't traumatized by that visit to Poland lol
Glitzer wrote:I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't watch this amv until I've seen Steins;Gate completely. That resolution lasted all of 5 minutes.

This amv stomps so much ass that they have to import colons from other countries to meet the demand.
Shin-AMV wrote:Reminds me of this shirt:

http://www.jbox.com/product/SHIRT-SCIENCE1

fun stuff :)
That's funny, because the amv reminded me of THIS:
Spoiler :
Haha, hope I didn't spoil you too much, AMV isn't spoiler heavy.

And that pic with Steins;Gate is just awesome :lol:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:Groovy Science is Groovy :up:

also, just so you know, most of the banding issues can be fixed using an AviSynth Script with gradfunkmirror(5) or gradfun2db(5) added to the end.
You are a hero (together with Mirko). That single line helped me a lot. I still plan to release a remastered version ..... one day .... but for now this helped me a ton.
Last edited by Cross/fade on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Cross/fade wrote:
Milk Or Life! wrote:Lolz , win. |:>
And you helped with it |:>
Cool, i like to be useful, feels like like i'm going to evolve into something.

<MagicCarp>

As about drama incoming from S;G maybe i will make something to make this prophecy come true!
Spoiler :
inba everybody dies
Still better than that MMO.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote: gradfunkmirror(5) or gradfun2db(5)
You are out of your mind.

/goes to hang self

EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Science: Poetry in Motion [S;G AMV] - better quality ver

Post by EvaFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

My opinion on this one still hasn't changed really. While I don't think it's anywhere near being your best work its still a fun vid to watch, very enjoyable. Still think the song is kinda weird but after thinking about it more, It does fit okabe pretty well for this reason. All the lip sync (cept the liveaction) looked pretty good. The rainbows coming from the PC monitor to the word science still cracks me up every time :lol: .

Now work on moar vids |:>
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 pm

mirkosp wrote:

/goes to hang self
Yeah, I admit that's a bit excessive for the whole video (and ideally you'd want to do some selective filtering), but some parts (like ~frame 1970) looked really severe, and the negative consequences of over-debanding compared to under-debanding seemed less noticeable for some parts IMO. Even 2.4 (double the default of 1.2) didn't seem strong enough for some of the banding, so I probably should have tested a bit more. Then again, I was too lazy to look up the default values before doing a quick trial & error, and 5 didn't look terrible... so... I was... just... careless... mirko... don't hang yourself... that might be.... bad... or something... :roll:
but it's still better than the original >_>
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 am

5 is really overkill in any case. >_>
Personally, I'd say that it's much better to use gradfun3 and just search for the proper combination of thr, radius, elast and ampo values, aside from using it within range() to just hit what needs to be hit.
Gradfunkmirror(5) does introduce obvious "gradfun haloes" (I don't really know how to call them, but it's a very specific look), which aren't quite the beauty to look at. Prolly better than banding, but... the detail cost and deband artifacts are just too high.

Also...

The BDs have banding too, although not as heavy as the TV air and crunchy stream (which was just ridiculous).
Hope you'll feel like doing a remaster though, would gladly pick that up as well. :)

Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Post by Cross/fade » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 am

mirkosp wrote:

/goes to hang self
Phantasmagoriat wrote:
mirkosp wrote:

/goes to hang self
Yeah, I admit that's a bit excessive for the whole video (and ideally you'd want to do some selective filtering), but some parts (like ~frame 1970) looked really severe, and the negative consequences of over-debanding compared to under-debanding seemed less noticeable for some parts IMO. Even 2.4 (double the default of 1.2) didn't seem strong enough for some of the banding, so I probably should have tested a bit more. Then again, I was too lazy to look up the default values before doing a quick trial & error, and 5 didn't look terrible... so... I was... just... careless... mirko... don't hang yourself... that might be.... bad... or something... :roll:
but it's still better than the original >_>
After I woke up and check if someone wrote something I was like - :D

but then I noticed it's you guys so I went like - :(

But putting jokes aside, I didn't use gradfun2db(5) I think I used 2 or 3, either way I'm satisfied. And I will create a remake one day so it's all good anyway.
Milk Or Life! wrote:
Cross/fade wrote:
Milk Or Life! wrote:Lolz , win. |:>
And you helped with it |:>
Cool, i like to be useful, feels like like i'm going to evolve into something.

<MagicCarp>

As about drama incoming from S;G maybe i will make something to make this prophecy come true!
Spoiler :
inba everybody dies
Sadly, that carp doesn't evolve.
EvaFan wrote:My opinion on this one still hasn't changed really. While I don't think it's anywhere near being your best work its still a fun vid to watch, very enjoyable. Still think the song is kinda weird but after thinking about it more, It does fit okabe pretty well for this reason. All the lip sync (cept the liveaction) looked pretty good. The rainbows coming from the PC monitor to the word science still cracks me up every time :lol: .

Now work on moar vids |:>
I will start doing something new ..... eventually. Yeah, already a few people told me about Back to the future scene, but oh well, it's there. Learned something new about working with movies.
And rainbows are cool.

Stratos-RvS
Org Profile

Post by Stratos-RvS » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Tutturuuuuuuuuuuuu

I love it,NOW IS IN MY IPHONE !

el psy congroo !
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 pm

That was cute! I lol'd at the end credits in particular for some reason.

I actually expected something a bit more random and crazy, but this came together as a nice little character sketch with a few eccentric things thrown in - and it worked well. It wasn't anything striking, but it did the job well! The only thing that I found distracting was some of the actually pretty bad lipsync. Other than that, good times :up:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Sayco
Org Profile

Post by Sayco » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Great & bursting of specific humor. Certainly fitting with Stein's. Maybe not pretty much of my likes but still quite enjoyable "performance" :amv: . Nicely done technical aspects :up:

So? Waiting for even better amv's! Hope we'll see u with smth new soon!
This one gets 4,75/5 ;)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”