Posting on youTube

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Posting on youTube

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:47 pm

tehninjaness wrote:I wouldn't worry about posting stuff on youtube. I've only had one video where the audio was disabled, but usually most videos I post only get partly blocked in Germany, which from my understanding is because of the audio and the way they license music there.

When I get copyright strikes I file DMCA counter-notices claiming fair use. Two weeks later the video is back up and the copyright strike is removed. fairusetube.org is a good resource for that.
Did you do anything about the video with muted audio?
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Videos that are copyrighted usually get blocked in Germany. Germany is on bad terms with the copyright people. *Youtuber for 3 years* so i know ;3

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote: I've seen people mirror images
I was wondering why some clips were backwards when I saw them on YT, and now I know. :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Did you do anything about the video with muted audio?
There was a similar thing for it like the counter-notice process, but only like 2-3 things to fill out rather than the longer form. If I remember right it had 3 different things to check from, one being something along the fair use argument in that its infringing but falls within fair use category. I checked that and put the statutory language of the fair use stuff in the box, and hit submit. A few days later the audio was reenabled for that video.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Charlie2Kairi wrote:I guess this is the right spot to post this, I'm a nublet.
I have posted 3 videos on YouTube and one was blocked and 1 was partly blocked. I understand about copyrights and such, thats fine, I just want to know if anyone has ever had big trouble with posting a video. Like getting fined for using the anime/songs and I know that YouTube will block accts for using copyrighted stuff. It makes me nervous to post anymore amv's. I put the stuff on there that says that its copyrighted by _fill in the blank_, I had figured when I posted a video for first time that was what I was supposed to do. So what experiences are there, should I be so worried about posting anything more. I don't want to get huge problems from posting AMV's, I just want to be able to show them off.
Not sure how silly this post sounds, but I just wanted to know about this, Thanks! ^.^
Your more likely to be struck by lightning then face legal consequences for uploading an amv to youtube.

....but there can always be a first :ying:

dakotasapphire
Org Profile

Post by dakotasapphire » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Oh youtube. Lol, none of my videos were blocked, maybe only in germany. And one of my videos was blocked almost everywhere in the world, but not in the US... So no worries to me.

You know, most of the time your video is only copyrighted because of the song. If you go to the dispute fourm and post the 1970's thing in there(in the 2)(disclamer) then you will probably not have a problem with that anymroe.

LordNog
Org Profile

Post by LordNog » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Yah know, I've never had problems with copyrights in my vids actually. Idk maybe I'm just lucky. But I do always make sure to leave a disclaimer either in the credits or in the discription box. It's worked for me so far.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 pm

LordNog wrote:Yah know, I've never had problems with copyrights in my vids actually. Idk maybe I'm just lucky. But I do always make sure to leave a disclaimer either in the credits or in the discription box. It's worked for me so far.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it and it's extremely naive to think it does.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

zibbazabba905
Org Profile

Post by zibbazabba905 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 pm

I don't think anyone has had any actual legal action happen (aside from that wind-up records thing with the org). What it sounds like though is that the video editing _might_ be covered by fair use, but the audio is usually left untouched. I've had audio taken down by Warner without it being owned by Warner. One idea could also be to upload it without music and link to tubedubber. But no matter how much legal right you have, it's still their house and you have to play by their rules. If they felt like taking down someone who does all their content themselves, there's nothing they could do legally since youtube has the right to not accept whatever they feel like. It would be nice, however, if any of the processes were done by a person instead of a computer however.
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Shin-AMV wrote: When I get copyright strikes I file DMCA counter-notices claiming fair use. Two weeks later the video is back up and the copyright strike is removed. fairusetube.org is a good resource for that.
http://fairusetube.org/articles/amv-fair-use

Return to “General AMV”