Fate/Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Fate/Zero

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 am

AniDB wrote:The Holy Grail War - A death-match between 7 magi (Masters) and their summoned heroic spirits (Servants) in which the prize is the legendary Holy Grail, said to have the power to grant miracles.

This is now the 4th Holy Grail War. The 3 preceding Wars had ended without a victor. In pursuit of their individual goals and ambitions, the magi congregate at a place called Fuyuki. All the magi will do anything, rationalize away any atrocity, in pursuit of the Holy Grail.

All of them, but one...

Kotomine Kirei is a mage, but one without a reason to fight. Unable to release himself from the threads of fate, he is drawn reluctantly into this War.

However, as fate would have it, one of his rival Masters turns out to be an old enemy, Emiya Kiritsugu, a man more severe and merciless than anyone else. A man who desires the miracles offered by the Holy Grail...

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Zero

Post by Chez » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Okay I will admit I was a little worried at first for this production, but after just the first episode which is in all honesty the most boring part I was surprised.

All the characters are being flushed out fantastically imo.

Design is spot on its really nice to see the new typemoon sticking to their original character styles.

Music is spot on I will buy this OST when its released.

for me I think this will be the best show of the season, but my oppinion is biased here being a typemoon whore.
Spoiler :
It will be sad though so many scenes that will make a Heavens Feel version of fate/staynight obsolete which really sucks because the Fate and UTW routes where piss poor anyways.
Also.....this
Spoiler :
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 pm

agrees with above, I actually havnt done the heaven's feel route yet (not enough time). But I am loving this series, very happy with pretty much all aspects of the series. Also held off on reading the light novels which I do not regret, now I can enjoy the full anime experience without prior knowledge and then read the novels later.
Spoiler :
a little :shock: at how all the characters are related (literally). guess Illia has a reason to call Shiro Oni-chan since he's technically her step brother lol.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:54 pm

I love it as well as I loved Fate/Stay Night which I watched two weeks ago (so that I could follow this one)... I kind of don't like the fact that the first season kinda spoilers the second
ex.
Spoiler :
It was pretty obvious that Assassin was gonna die if they sent up agains Archer Gilgamesh since they said that that Priest lost his servent and hid at the church (said in first season 2nd ep or so)
Don't get me wrong... I love it :awesome:
ImageImage

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Aawww hell ya!

ufotable >>>>>>>>> Deen so hard.
Chez wrote: for me I think this will be the best show of the season, but my oppinion is biased here being a typemoon whore.
You may be a typemoon whore, but I'm a typemoon concubine! HA! Yeah, we're bad people.
Spoiler :
I think I died a little inside during that caster scene in the second episode. You all may think I'm uninformed, but I had no idea who the hell Bluebeard was. I have since remedied that by looking up his story and Gilles de Rais, who he may of been based off of. Reading the wiki on him made me feel like I could never be happy again. He was pretty much the most evil bastard ever.
Jasta85 wrote:Also held off on reading the light novels which I do not regret, now I can enjoy the full anime experience without prior knowledge and then read the novels later.
I don't know how long I can hold out. I give myself 2-3 more episodes before break down from anticipation and read the book.

I also thought it was interesting that Niconico is having live streaming of each episode and leaving them up for a week. It's a good step in the right direction to making anime more accessible to people outside of Japan. Here's a link if anyone is interested:

Fate/Zero

You have to fork over the cash for fullscreen. I might go premium if they ever get around to improving the quality. The live commenting system is fun though |:>

I took a few screenshots of it for kicks and giggles:
Spoiler :
Don't worry, you can turn the commenting system off :ying:

Also,
Spoiler :
ISKANDAR!!!

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:17 pm

dang it, why do these episodes have to end with cliffhangers, now gotta wait another week.

I have to say I am more and more impressed with the animation with each episode, definitely one of if not the best looking series this season, gotta find some decent music to use with this footage for a future amv
Spoiler :
And assassin is awesome, I heard a little background on "true assassin" before but it slipped my mind till this episode.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm

lol at ep 4, rider is so awesome, the expression on everyone's faces at the end when he just blurts out his identity is hilarious

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:49 am

I love this stuff.

I wonder when assassin and saber will clash.
ImageImage

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Havent posted, been waiting a little bit ( not really work and stuff)

Ok Lancer is pretty bad ass. Rider makes things really interesting, though giving away who is while makes sense for his character seems like a blunder to me still interesting though. Waiting to see how Kiritsugu actually fights the other magi.

Just wait for Beserker seriously once he starts his rampage it gets really really intense.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 am

Chez wrote:Just wait for Beserker seriously once he starts his rampage it gets really really intense.
I totally forgot who Berserker is for this holy war.
But I really can't wait to see more of Bluebeard Caster :awesome:
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”