Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Aaaand something for girls - pretty much new Junjou Romantica, from what I've seen so far on the interwebz...

EDIT:
AniDB wrote:Ritsu Onodera quit working for his father's company and transferred to work at the publishing company, Marukawa Shoten. To his dismay, he's assigned to edit shojo manga in which he has no interest or experience. He works with a strict boss, Takano Masamune, that he has trouble getting along with from the beginning. But, Onodera later discovers that he knows Takano from his past...
Updated for S2.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: Sekaiichi Hatsukoi TV

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Where is the love? T_T

I love it so far =D I haven't read the manga though, a few people says its just like or not really living up to it yet? Maybe I should take some time to read it.. maybe.. probably not before the next episode comes out though ^_^

I am not quite sure if it'll be as good as Junjou Romantica 1 & 2 though, so far its a bit slow for my liking. But seems like it needs to be slow.. for Takano!?! A lot of confusion anyways I think, because what really did happen when they were in school? Seems like they both tore each other apart..

Already watched episode 4! Hurry next friday so I can watch 5 ^_^

Kousaka
Org Profile

Re: Sekaiichi Hatsukoi TV

Post by Kousaka » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:49 pm

There's no love for this anime T___T

Personally, I really liked it which is surprising since I'm not really fond of Junjou Romantica. I watched it to the end with almost no complaints. Once again, unlike Junjou Romantica which I had many complaints about.

Anyway, season two was just announced so I guess I'll get to reading the manga before it starts airing :3
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2

Post by mirkosp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:57 am

Bump for S2. Thread title has been updated.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I struggled through the first season...only to find out that my hopes of finding a good yaoi series are doomed. And this was supposed to have a good reception? I had immense problems with this although most of them are concerned with the genre itself rather than the ultra shallow plot of this particular series. Can somebody please direct me to a yaoi/shounen-ai version of something like Aoi Hana, which at least tries to pretend that it's not a homophobic series with the sole intention of turning gay people into an object of fanservice while totally ignoring gay issues or even the mere existence of the sexual identity as such? :uhoh:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Honestly, I enjoyed the first series. But then again, I'm always in love with cheesy romance anime [on whatever batting side, be it yuri/yaoi/straight/ect]. It was an interesting enough story with the first couple, but the other two were much less interesting [in my opinion anyway]. The third couple downright made little/no sense to me whatsoever.

That being said, I just want to see a yaoi/yuri whatever anime that doesn't have their sexuality as the central theme of the anime. Let it be about the characters themselves, and not so much just BAM in your face about it all. Show how it's just a normal aspect of life that people go through, and not this goofy-flowery nonsense. Similar to how Dragon Age 2 handled it with Hawke.

But more on topic, I'll probably give season two a watch, but my hopes aren't necessarily that high for anything revolutionary.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

CodeZTM wrote:That being said, I just want to see a yaoi/yuri whatever anime that doesn't have their sexuality as the central theme of the anime. Let it be about the characters themselves, and not so much just BAM in your face about it all. Show how it's just a normal aspect of life that people go through, and not this goofy-flowery nonsense.
That's another good way to handle gay characters if one doesn't want to address any particular gay issues or whatever. Another thing that I appreciated about Aoi Hana was that not all the female characters there were potentially interested in girls and the show introduced some central male characters too.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:02 pm

I decided to take a look at the manga for this one as I personally need a little more in my yaoi =P
And love it!! Its going a bit slow still for me the anime, and I am wondering if there will end up being a 3rd. They didn't make the 3rd for Junjou Romantica so you never know really. I think that they might need to, so we can see more on the other none main couples. BUT at the same time they could probably get away with some rushed yet really good ending to each pairing by the end.

The manga just is a lot more indepth, I wish they would focus more on that a little and how Ritsu really feels, not in a way where it becomes flowery. Just really shows the love he has for Takano.

nekomata_ensetsu
Org Profile

Post by nekomata_ensetsu » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am

I'm so late, I didn't even realize season 2 was out!
I really like the manga, the anime has simple things it leaves out that I loved in the manga, but either way it's still super cue :)
Definitely going to have to watch season 2 now!
Image Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”